Geraldo Rivera Posts Shirtless Selfie on Twitter
After having turned 70 years old earlier this month, TV news magazine program host Geraldo Rivera posts a shirtless selfie on Twitter as he claims "70 is the new 50". The Fox News Channel contributor sent out the tweet early Sunday, July 21. He soon took it down, but not after it had already considerably gotten some attention online.
The "Geraldo at Large" host was aware early on that it would get some unfavorable reactions, particularly from his immediate family. "Erica and family are going to be so pissed...but at my age...," the TV personality wrote in parenthesis together with his age-defying message. Erica is his current wife and "family" referred to his five children from previous spouses.
After pondering on his actions, Rivera went on Twitter again, but this time his message was directed towards himself. "Note to self: no tweeting after 1 am," wrote the author/reporter, perhaps after realizing that as a respected journalist and with his affiliations with various networks and publications, he should have been more cautious in the thoughts that he shares online on social networking sites.
Prior to this latest tweet, Rivera had been the target of criticism last month for tweeting what many thought was a highly insensitive comment about reporter Michael Hastings who was killed in a car crash in L.A. at the young age of 33. Although he expressed his condolences, Rivera distastefully added, "hard to forget he destroyed career of 1 of our best fighting generals," referring to Gen. Stanley McChrystal.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom