Geraldo Rivera Posts Shirtless Selfie on Twitter
After having turned 70 years old earlier this month, TV news magazine program host Geraldo Rivera posts a shirtless selfie on Twitter as he claims "70 is the new 50". The Fox News Channel contributor sent out the tweet early Sunday, July 21. He soon took it down, but not after it had already considerably gotten some attention online.
The "Geraldo at Large" host was aware early on that it would get some unfavorable reactions, particularly from his immediate family. "Erica and family are going to be so pissed...but at my age...," the TV personality wrote in parenthesis together with his age-defying message. Erica is his current wife and "family" referred to his five children from previous spouses.
After pondering on his actions, Rivera went on Twitter again, but this time his message was directed towards himself. "Note to self: no tweeting after 1 am," wrote the author/reporter, perhaps after realizing that as a respected journalist and with his affiliations with various networks and publications, he should have been more cautious in the thoughts that he shares online on social networking sites.
Prior to this latest tweet, Rivera had been the target of criticism last month for tweeting what many thought was a highly insensitive comment about reporter Michael Hastings who was killed in a car crash in L.A. at the young age of 33. Although he expressed his condolences, Rivera distastefully added, "hard to forget he destroyed career of 1 of our best fighting generals," referring to Gen. Stanley McChrystal.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says