Geraldo Rivera Posts Shirtless Selfie on Twitter
After having turned 70 years old earlier this month, TV news magazine program host Geraldo Rivera posts a shirtless selfie on Twitter as he claims "70 is the new 50". The Fox News Channel contributor sent out the tweet early Sunday, July 21. He soon took it down, but not after it had already considerably gotten some attention online.
The "Geraldo at Large" host was aware early on that it would get some unfavorable reactions, particularly from his immediate family. "Erica and family are going to be so pissed...but at my age...," the TV personality wrote in parenthesis together with his age-defying message. Erica is his current wife and "family" referred to his five children from previous spouses.
After pondering on his actions, Rivera went on Twitter again, but this time his message was directed towards himself. "Note to self: no tweeting after 1 am," wrote the author/reporter, perhaps after realizing that as a respected journalist and with his affiliations with various networks and publications, he should have been more cautious in the thoughts that he shares online on social networking sites.
Prior to this latest tweet, Rivera had been the target of criticism last month for tweeting what many thought was a highly insensitive comment about reporter Michael Hastings who was killed in a car crash in L.A. at the young age of 33. Although he expressed his condolences, Rivera distastefully added, "hard to forget he destroyed career of 1 of our best fighting generals," referring to Gen. Stanley McChrystal.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder