LoveBox Cancels Lil' Kim's Performance After Singer Comes Late
Lil' Kim missed her scheduled performance at Lovebox Festival on Sunday, July 21. "Lil Kim did not turn up to her set on time. The festival had no other option but to maintain the scheduled running order to ensure the other main stage acts were not disrupted," a spokesperson from the music festival said in an official statement.
Kim reportedly arrived late to the event, which ran from July 19-21 at London's Victoria Park, and decided not to perform after finding herself unhappy with the stage layout. Lizzie Grubman, a rep for the 39-year-old rapstress, has spoken out about Kim's cancellation.
"Due to circumstances that were out of Kim's control, her performance at #LoveBox was cancelled," Grubman tweeted. "Kim was on-site and on time for her performance and apologizes to all of her fans for the inconvenience."
Kim's nixed appearance disappointed her fans. A fan tweeted, "I'm pissed off, @LilKim was the lucky part of the day for me. She was canceled from the lovebox fest in london. An rumor is she in jaim," a fan wrote on Twitter.
Before canceling her performance, Kim shared her excitement to be able to play her first show in London in 12 years. "#Lovebox today!!!!!!! London!!!!!!!" she tweeted.
Kim was supposed to join other performers, which included Plan B, Azealia Banks, Disclosure and John Newman, at the event . Headliner Goldfrapp wrapped up the three-day festival on Sunday evening.
More Lil' Kim News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?