LoveBox Cancels Lil' Kim's Performance After Singer Comes Late
Lil' Kim missed her scheduled performance at Lovebox Festival on Sunday, July 21. "Lil Kim did not turn up to her set on time. The festival had no other option but to maintain the scheduled running order to ensure the other main stage acts were not disrupted," a spokesperson from the music festival said in an official statement.
Kim reportedly arrived late to the event, which ran from July 19-21 at London's Victoria Park, and decided not to perform after finding herself unhappy with the stage layout. Lizzie Grubman, a rep for the 39-year-old rapstress, has spoken out about Kim's cancellation.
"Due to circumstances that were out of Kim's control, her performance at #LoveBox was cancelled," Grubman tweeted. "Kim was on-site and on time for her performance and apologizes to all of her fans for the inconvenience."
Kim's nixed appearance disappointed her fans. A fan tweeted, "I'm pissed off, @LilKim was the lucky part of the day for me. She was canceled from the lovebox fest in london. An rumor is she in jaim," a fan wrote on Twitter.
Before canceling her performance, Kim shared her excitement to be able to play her first show in London in 12 years. "#Lovebox today!!!!!!! London!!!!!!!" she tweeted.
Kim was supposed to join other performers, which included Plan B, Azealia Banks, Disclosure and John Newman, at the event . Headliner Goldfrapp wrapped up the three-day festival on Sunday evening.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala