LoveBox Cancels Lil' Kim's Performance After Singer Comes Late
Lil' Kim missed her scheduled performance at Lovebox Festival on Sunday, July 21. "Lil Kim did not turn up to her set on time. The festival had no other option but to maintain the scheduled running order to ensure the other main stage acts were not disrupted," a spokesperson from the music festival said in an official statement.
Kim reportedly arrived late to the event, which ran from July 19-21 at London's Victoria Park, and decided not to perform after finding herself unhappy with the stage layout. Lizzie Grubman, a rep for the 39-year-old rapstress, has spoken out about Kim's cancellation.
"Due to circumstances that were out of Kim's control, her performance at #LoveBox was cancelled," Grubman tweeted. "Kim was on-site and on time for her performance and apologizes to all of her fans for the inconvenience."
Kim's nixed appearance disappointed her fans. A fan tweeted, "I'm pissed off, @LilKim was the lucky part of the day for me. She was canceled from the lovebox fest in london. An rumor is she in jaim," a fan wrote on Twitter.
Before canceling her performance, Kim shared her excitement to be able to play her first show in London in 12 years. "#Lovebox today!!!!!!! London!!!!!!!" she tweeted.
Kim was supposed to join other performers, which included Plan B, Azealia Banks, Disclosure and John Newman, at the event . Headliner Goldfrapp wrapped up the three-day festival on Sunday evening.
More Lil' Kim News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'