Comic-Con 2013: 'Catching Fire' Debuts New Trailer, Jennifer Lawrence Teases Snotty Kiss
Director Francis Lawrence and several main and supporting cast members of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" received a warm welcome from fans as they hit the San Diego Comic-Con stage on Saturday, July 20. Besides unveiling new trailer that sees Katniss leaping into action, Jennifer Lawrence and her co-stars were there to talk about working on the film and more.
Of Katniss, J-Law said to the audience, "She's struggling from post-traumatic stress from the Games." The 22-year-old actress shared her greatest challenges on set and dished on a scene in which she accidentally gave Josh Hutcherson a very snotty kiss. "There's all this snot coming out of my nose, and when I go to kiss Josh, it connects with his mouth," she drew laughs.
"Oh my god, we should've brought that clip with the snot ... Just because the snot scene won't make the final cut doesn't mean you won't get a chance to see the disgusting glory for yourself. I'll put it on YouTube or something."
Hutcherson confirmed it, saying, "There was a kiss and there was slobber, and the slobber sort of got connected to my face."
Jeffrey Wright gushed on Lawrence and Hutcherson, saying that the two "are the funniest pair" for their chemistry made all the new people feel comfortable on set. Jena Malone, meanwhile, said it was fun since the newcomers outnumbered the original cast members. Of Cinna, Lenny Kravitz said, "[He's] a really cool cat."
Francis Lawrence revealed that the first thing he did when officially signed on was to fly out and meet with the author of the popular novels, Suzanne Collins. Despite the first-time gig, he said he had a lot of fun filming the dream story with the dream cast.
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" is due out November 22 in the U.S.
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only