Comic-Con 2013: 'True Blood' Preview Teases a Funeral, Season 6 Returns to Its Roots
"True Blood" executive producer Brian Buckner explained the theme of the show's current season. As the show moves forward with the second half of the season, fans will notice that it's going back to its roots.
"I feel like this show is ultimately about the relationship between vampires and humans and it's about this town. I want to bring it in a little bit. I feel like at times we've hurt ourselves," Buckner said to panel attendees at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, July 20. "My goal is to get all these people living under the umbrella of one story and one threat. Really just make it about this small town we've all come to know and love."
"You're going to feel that the show is going to return back to its roots ... It will be about this group of people living in Bon Temps," he continued. "We're going to try to condense the number of stories we're telling and make this really feel like we're coming home."
Early at the panel, fans were treated to a sneak peek at what's coming ahead in the remainder of the sixth season. A death is teased as Sookie is seen mourning at what looks to be a funeral. She continues to struggle with her conflicted feelings to Warlow, who at one point is seen being choked by an unseen figure.
Little was shared during the discussion with stars Anna Paquin, Kristin Bauer van Straten, Ryan Kwanten, Nelsan Ellis, Joe Manganiello, Sam Trammell, Rutina Wesley, Deborah Ann Woll and Rob Kazinsky. Paquin, however, did confirm that her character's evolving over the course of the series.
"She's not being anyone's doormat. She's sick of taking whatever from whomever," said the actress, whose husband and co-star Stephen Moyer wasn't present at the panel. "She's more independent, strong and tough. I feel like she's actually finally learning from all the incredibly, odd, bizarre and unfortunate stuff that's happened to her."
"True Blood" airs every Sunday at 9 P.M. on HBO and has just released a preview for the next episode. Eric turns to Bill to help save an ailing Nora, a tragedy close to home forces Sam to ignore Alcide's warning and return to Bon Temps. Sarah attempts to keep [SPOILER ALERT!] Burrell's death secret and exacts a measure of revenge on Jason, while Jessica shows her gratitude to James (Luke Grimes), a fellow incarcerated vamp.
"True Blood" Comic-Con preview:
"True Blood" 6.07 preview:
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie