Kelly Rowland Rescued by Coast Guard After Private Boat Was Lost at Sea
Kelly Rowland and her friends were rescued by U.S. Coast Guard on Friday, July 19, after a rented boat which carried them got lost at sea in Provincetown, Massachusetts. The "Dirty Laundry" singer and five other passengers were enjoying a whale-watching trip when the incident happened.
An employee at TowboatUS Provincetown told E! News that the group's boat got "disoriented in the five-to-six-foot waves and fog that had rolled in." The boat's captain apparently reported their situation to Coast Guard and later "the U.S. Coast Guard was able to triangulate their position," the employee added.
The vessel, however, broke down when it was being navigated by the marine. The boat was towed to the shore for the remaining four miles. The founding member of Destiny's Child and her friends landed on the shore at around 10 P.M. Following the incident, Rowland and others were said feeling "tired and thankful." They "just wanted to get off the boat," the employee said.
The next day, she was spotted shopping for souvenirs in Provincetown. An onlooker told Us Weekly that the singer browsed local furniture, art, and tried out some saltwater taffy. The 32-year-old singer, who collaborated with French DJ David Guetta for his 2009 single "When Love Takes Over", shared a picture of a local shop called The Little Red. "Loving P-Town!!!!!! The happiest place on Earth!" she captioned the picture.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope