Kelly Rowland Rescued by Coast Guard After Private Boat Was Lost at Sea
Kelly Rowland and her friends were rescued by U.S. Coast Guard on Friday, July 19, after a rented boat which carried them got lost at sea in Provincetown, Massachusetts. The "Dirty Laundry" singer and five other passengers were enjoying a whale-watching trip when the incident happened.
An employee at TowboatUS Provincetown told E! News that the group's boat got "disoriented in the five-to-six-foot waves and fog that had rolled in." The boat's captain apparently reported their situation to Coast Guard and later "the U.S. Coast Guard was able to triangulate their position," the employee added.
The vessel, however, broke down when it was being navigated by the marine. The boat was towed to the shore for the remaining four miles. The founding member of Destiny's Child and her friends landed on the shore at around 10 P.M. Following the incident, Rowland and others were said feeling "tired and thankful." They "just wanted to get off the boat," the employee said.
The next day, she was spotted shopping for souvenirs in Provincetown. An onlooker told Us Weekly that the singer browsed local furniture, art, and tried out some saltwater taffy. The 32-year-old singer, who collaborated with French DJ David Guetta for his 2009 single "When Love Takes Over", shared a picture of a local shop called The Little Red. "Loving P-Town!!!!!! The happiest place on Earth!" she captioned the picture.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'