Kelly Rowland Rescued by Coast Guard After Private Boat Was Lost at Sea
Kelly Rowland and her friends were rescued by U.S. Coast Guard on Friday, July 19, after a rented boat which carried them got lost at sea in Provincetown, Massachusetts. The "Dirty Laundry" singer and five other passengers were enjoying a whale-watching trip when the incident happened.
An employee at TowboatUS Provincetown told E! News that the group's boat got "disoriented in the five-to-six-foot waves and fog that had rolled in." The boat's captain apparently reported their situation to Coast Guard and later "the U.S. Coast Guard was able to triangulate their position," the employee added.
The vessel, however, broke down when it was being navigated by the marine. The boat was towed to the shore for the remaining four miles. The founding member of Destiny's Child and her friends landed on the shore at around 10 P.M. Following the incident, Rowland and others were said feeling "tired and thankful." They "just wanted to get off the boat," the employee said.
The next day, she was spotted shopping for souvenirs in Provincetown. An onlooker told Us Weekly that the singer browsed local furniture, art, and tried out some saltwater taffy. The 32-year-old singer, who collaborated with French DJ David Guetta for his 2009 single "When Love Takes Over", shared a picture of a local shop called The Little Red. "Loving P-Town!!!!!! The happiest place on Earth!" she captioned the picture.
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video