Comic-Con 2013: Tom Hiddleston Drives Fans Crazy During 'Thor: The Dark World' Panel
Marvel president Kevin Feige indeed was not the only panelist during the studio's presentation at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, July 20. When Feige told moderator Chris Hardwicke that "Thor: The Dark World" was already in post-production, the lights suddenly went out as fans heard a familiar voice. They later turned their attention to a flash of light that hit the stage.
Loud cheers then resonated off the huge Hall H as Tom Hiddleston appeared before them in full costume as Marvel's villainous Loki. "Stand back, you mewling quim," so the 32-year-old actor told Hardwicke. Hiddleston kept taunting adoring fans with lines like, "You should have let me rule you when you had the chance. Where are your Avengers now?"
The British heartthrob continued, "Claim loyalty to me ... and I will give you what you need. Say my name," to which the audience responded with chants of "Loki!". Pleased to hear it, he said, "It seems I have an army. Feast your eyes!" The lights went down and a trailer was then screened.
Fans were treated to some action-scenes that feature Lady Sif, Warriors Three and, of course, Thor. The Mjolnir-wielding hero is seen recruiting Loki and taking Jane Foster to Asgard. Near the end of the video, fans gasped at the scene of Loki slicing off Thor's hand.
Though there was no Q&A session with Feige and Hiddleston, the "Thor: The Dark World" presentation left quite an impression to the attendees.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'