Billy Ray Cyrus and Wife Tish Call Off Divorce for Second Time
Miley Cyrus has something to smile about today. Her parents, Billy Ray Cyrus and estranged wife Tish are said to have called off the divorce filed last month, after rekindling their romance during couples therapy. This is supposedly the second time that husband and wife have filed for divorce and subsequently called it off.
"I spoke to Tish and she told me they both woke up and realized they love each other and decided they want to stay together," revealed Ken Baker of E!, a longtime family friend. "They recently went into couples therapy, something they hadn't done in 22 years of being together, and it's brought them closer together and really opened up their communication in amazing ways."
Tish herself hinted that things might be getting back on track after she posted a photo of herself with husband Billy Ray in a sweet cuddle, with the caption "Date Night". The week before that, they were seen together taking a stroll along the Malibu Beach Pier, holding hands as if they were not going through a divorce.
According to Baker, the couple "went into the therapy with the goal of divorcing in a way that was healthy for the children, but ended up coming out of it with the realization that they in fact want to stay together." They apparently did not want to be "another statistic" and throw 22 years of marriage away.
Billy Ray first filed for divorce in 2010, but withdrew his petition in March 2011.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance