Morrissey Cancels Rest of South American Tour Due to Funding Issues
Former The Smiths frontman Morrissey's South American tour has finally fallen apart. This was what the English rock singer and lyricist revealed in an apology note posted on the blog "True to You" where he announced that all of the remaining dates of his South American tour had been canceled apparently due to funding constraints.
"I am informed today that the projected tour of South America is snuffed out, thus euthanized - due, I'm reliably advised, to lack of funding," the legendary rocker wrote. "It's quite easy to sell tickets, yet impossible to transport band and crew from F to G."
Morrissey's South American tour had been facing a host of problems since the very beginning, with 14 initial dates axed as the singer suffered from severe food poisoning. Health issues such as a bleeding ulcer, Barrett's esophagus and double pneumonia early on forced him to cancel 22 North American tour dates prior to the South American tour leg.
"Cancellations and illness have sucked the life out of all of us, and the only sensible solution seems to be the art of doing nothing," the 54-year-old musician said towards the end of his note where he aired out his frustrations. Similarly disappointed fans can instead catch him via the concert film "Morrissey 25: Live", a celebration of his silver anniversary as a solo artist, which hits theatres this August.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding