Morrissey Cancels Rest of South American Tour Due to Funding Issues
Former The Smiths frontman Morrissey's South American tour has finally fallen apart. This was what the English rock singer and lyricist revealed in an apology note posted on the blog "True to You" where he announced that all of the remaining dates of his South American tour had been canceled apparently due to funding constraints.
"I am informed today that the projected tour of South America is snuffed out, thus euthanized - due, I'm reliably advised, to lack of funding," the legendary rocker wrote. "It's quite easy to sell tickets, yet impossible to transport band and crew from F to G."
Morrissey's South American tour had been facing a host of problems since the very beginning, with 14 initial dates axed as the singer suffered from severe food poisoning. Health issues such as a bleeding ulcer, Barrett's esophagus and double pneumonia early on forced him to cancel 22 North American tour dates prior to the South American tour leg.
"Cancellations and illness have sucked the life out of all of us, and the only sensible solution seems to be the art of doing nothing," the 54-year-old musician said towards the end of his note where he aired out his frustrations. Similarly disappointed fans can instead catch him via the concert film "Morrissey 25: Live", a celebration of his silver anniversary as a solo artist, which hits theatres this August.
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M