Video: Fall Out Boy Performs New and Old Songs on 'Today'
Fall Out Boy visited "Today" at New York's Rockefeller Plaza on Friday, July 19. Despite the boiling weather, the band delivered energetic performance and managed to lead fans to sing along to new singles "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)" and "Alone Together" as well as 2005 single "Sugar We're Goin' Down".
"They go from cold to hot really quick, the wood expands -a lot of science involved!" band member Joe Trohman commented on the raising temperature. In a brief interview with hosts Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie, the band also talked about their decision to take a 4-year break from music and their recent reunion.
"I think we knew we needed a break," Pete Wentz said. "Doing something [touring, recording] that long, straight, you need a break of some kind to, I don't know, like re-set yourself in life -start doing your own laundry at your own house."
Prior to performing on "Today", Fall Out Boy stopped on Thursday's "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon". The rockers treated viewers with the rendition of their latest single, "The Phoenix"
After ending their lengthy hiatus, Fall Out Boy came back with their new album, "Save Rock and Roll". Next September, they will begin a string of tour dates to promote the album, which was released on April 16.
Fall Out Boy Performs "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)":
Fall Out Boy Performs "Alone Together":
Fall Out Boy Performs "Sugar We're Goin' Down":
Fall Out Boy Performs "The Phoenix" on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon":
More Fall Out Boy News
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs