Pink Responds to Kanye West Diss on Leaked Tape
Grammy Award-winning pop artist Pink proves she is a class act in the face of the Kanye West rant caught on tape supposedly secretly recorded that night the rapper interrupted Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. Despite being slammed by the rap mogul, the 33-year-old singer had nothing but good vibes for the angry artist.
"Oh come on y'all... If people secretly recorded me and all the sh*t I talk... It's all good. All love. And we all still here. Peace please," Pink tweeted on Friday, July 19 after news of West's angry outburst four years ago reached her. She showed no trace of being upset even if West had practically belittled her performance that night at the VMAs with, "What the f**k was Pink performing? Don't nobody know that song."
West had apparently taken issue with the fact that Pink had been given the air time to perform two songs and yet he "didn't even get asked to perform 'Heartless'." " 'Heartless' is the biggest song of the year! It had the most spins of the first quarter!" West even contended in the leaked secret audio.
Meanwhile, fellow rant subject Taylor Swift seemed to be taking her VMA acceptance speech interruption by West experience in jest. In a recent tweet where she acknowledged her nominations in this year's VMAs, she wrote, "Two VMA nominations!! If you vote and get us one, I promise to keep a firmer grip on the mic this time ;)."
More Pink News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift