Pink Responds to Kanye West Diss on Leaked Tape
Grammy Award-winning pop artist Pink proves she is a class act in the face of the Kanye West rant caught on tape supposedly secretly recorded that night the rapper interrupted Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. Despite being slammed by the rap mogul, the 33-year-old singer had nothing but good vibes for the angry artist.
"Oh come on y'all... If people secretly recorded me and all the sh*t I talk... It's all good. All love. And we all still here. Peace please," Pink tweeted on Friday, July 19 after news of West's angry outburst four years ago reached her. She showed no trace of being upset even if West had practically belittled her performance that night at the VMAs with, "What the f**k was Pink performing? Don't nobody know that song."
West had apparently taken issue with the fact that Pink had been given the air time to perform two songs and yet he "didn't even get asked to perform 'Heartless'." " 'Heartless' is the biggest song of the year! It had the most spins of the first quarter!" West even contended in the leaked secret audio.
Meanwhile, fellow rant subject Taylor Swift seemed to be taking her VMA acceptance speech interruption by West experience in jest. In a recent tweet where she acknowledged her nominations in this year's VMAs, she wrote, "Two VMA nominations!! If you vote and get us one, I promise to keep a firmer grip on the mic this time ;)."
More Pink News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'