Prince William and Kate Middleton Head to London, Media Are Pranked by Look-Alikes
Kate Middleton's departure from her family's home sparks excitement whether she will give birth soon. The Duchess of Cambridge and her husband Prince William were recently reported leaving Kate's family home in Bucklebury at 3 P.M. local time on Friday, July 19.
Us Weekly reported that the couple were bound for London. However, there was no info whether they headed for Kensington Palace or St. Mary's hospital. "We wouldn't comment on the exact whereabouts of the Duke and Duchess - we wouldn't normally do so in their private time," a palace's representative said.
Following the couple's departure from the family house, a man and a woman posing as Prince William and Kate played trick to press members, who had been waiting for the royal baby's arrival outside St. Mary's hospital. The couple, who was apparently sent by U.K.'s media The Sun, showed up at Lindo Wing where Kate is set to give birth. After they got out of a car, the pranksters stood around for a while and successfully fooled some fans and media as they took pictures.
They later revealed a message "The Sun No. 1 for royal baby news" written on their shirt. The woman even donned a fake baby bump under her coat. "For anyone who missed it, here is a link to the full low-down on our #royalbabyprank that fooled the world's media," the news outlet tweeted, along with the story.
Initial reports suggested that Kate would give birth on July 13 or 14. However, according to a recent report from The Telegraph, staff members at St. Mary's hospital were told that the royal baby would arrive on July 19.
More Kate Middleton News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama