Official: 'Glee' Season 5 Premiere Delayed in Light of Cory Monteith's Death
"Glee" is giving more time to its cast and crew to mourn the loss of Cory Monteith. In the wake of the sudden death, production of the upcoming fifth season has been delayed and the season 5 premiere is pushed back a week from its original September 19 date to September 26.
"In light of the tragic passing of beloved 'Glee' cast member Cory Monteith, the series' executive producers, 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Broadcasting Company have jointly decided to delay the start of production of Glee until early August," FOX says in a statement. "No further details are available at this time."
Monteith passed away from a mix of drugs and alcohol in a hotel room in Vancouver last Saturday. He had been tapped to reprise his role as Finn Hudson on "Glee" season 5. Speculations have been floating around about how the show will address his sudden passing.
A source recently told HollywoodLife.com, "There has been talk about writing the first few episodes around old footage of Cory from the show and actually have Finn be alive for a bit in order to lead into a more emotional goodbye - so it doesn't feel sudden. The producers are weighing what the cast and his family think of the idea, and of course Lea Michele, to see if it's at all plausible to attempt. Regardless, they want to do any angle with dignity."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard