Comic-Con 2013: 'The Walking Dead' Unleashes Gut-Wrenching Trailer for Season 4
"The Walking Dead" new showrunner Scott M. Gimple said thing's "going to get insane very quickly" in season 4, and that's exactly what people will sense after watching a new trailer from the upcoming installment. Debuted at San Diego Comic-Con, the four-minute video opens with an arranged raid on a shopping center.
The prison is now populated. Carol teaches kids how to use knives but what happens next is more chaotic. Hundreds of walkers swarm the prison and almost cause the gate to fall. Someone is screaming from inside of the building as a zombie is seen attacking people in a cellblock, apparently someone letting it in.
Rats and other wild animals mysteriously die, and the survivors lose "twelve of our own." Hinting at how frustrating the situation is, Hershel is heard telling others, "Step outside, you risk your life. Take a drink of water, you risk your life. You don't have a choice: the only thing you can choose is what you're risking it for."
Tyreese is seen attacking zombies and later looks horrified by something. The video ends with Daryl, Tyreese, Michonne and new character Bob Stookey in a car, hearing a voice coming over the radio.
The Governor is nowhere to be seen in the trailer, but David Morrissey has been confirmed to reprise the role in season 4. Asked what the Governor returns means, the comic book writer Robert Kirkman said, "All bets are seriously off."
Also during the panel, it's announced that the new season would air on AMC starting October 13.
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby