Comic-Con 2013: 'The Walking Dead' Unleashes Gut-Wrenching Trailer for Season 4
"The Walking Dead" new showrunner Scott M. Gimple said thing's "going to get insane very quickly" in season 4, and that's exactly what people will sense after watching a new trailer from the upcoming installment. Debuted at San Diego Comic-Con, the four-minute video opens with an arranged raid on a shopping center.
The prison is now populated. Carol teaches kids how to use knives but what happens next is more chaotic. Hundreds of walkers swarm the prison and almost cause the gate to fall. Someone is screaming from inside of the building as a zombie is seen attacking people in a cellblock, apparently someone letting it in.
Rats and other wild animals mysteriously die, and the survivors lose "twelve of our own." Hinting at how frustrating the situation is, Hershel is heard telling others, "Step outside, you risk your life. Take a drink of water, you risk your life. You don't have a choice: the only thing you can choose is what you're risking it for."
Tyreese is seen attacking zombies and later looks horrified by something. The video ends with Daryl, Tyreese, Michonne and new character Bob Stookey in a car, hearing a voice coming over the radio.
The Governor is nowhere to be seen in the trailer, but David Morrissey has been confirmed to reprise the role in season 4. Asked what the Governor returns means, the comic book writer Robert Kirkman said, "All bets are seriously off."
Also during the panel, it's announced that the new season would air on AMC starting October 13.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism