3 Doors Down to Fill in for Carly Rae Jepsen at Boy Scouts Jamboree
Rock band 3 Doors Down is set to headline the concert at the Boy Scouts National Jamboree on Saturday night, July 20. Spokesman for the Boy Scouts of America Deron Smith announced, "We are excited to have 3 Doors Down perform for these young men and women, volunteers and visitors experiencing this amazing Jamboree in West Virginia."
The band, fronted by Brad Arnold, will replace former headliners Carly Rae Jepsen and Train. Back in March, Jepsen and Train canceled their scheduled appearance due to the BSA's ban on gay members and leaders. "As an artist who believes in equality for all people, I will not be participating in the Boy Scouts of America Jamboree this summer...," Jepsen tweeted in March.
BSA recently updated its gay restriction rules. The organization has decided to allow gay boys to join but are still banning gay adults. The new rules will be effective next January.
3 Doors Down hasn't commented on their upcoming performance, but GLAAD has urged them to withdraw from the event. "Rather than promote an organization that actively discriminates against gay Americans, it's time 3 Doors Down step into 2013 and withdraw their support of the Boy Scouts," GLAAD said in a statement.
"The Boy Scouts took an important first step by allowing gay youth to participate, but if the organization expects support from celebrities, corporations and the majority of Americans who believe in fairness for all, Scouting must be open to gay parents and committed leaders over the age of 18," they continued.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'