Cobie Smulders Reprises Maria Hill on 'S.H.I.E.L.D.', Pilot Screens at Comic-Con
As soon as "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." hits the small screen, Marvel's fans will see an appearance from "The Avengers" character besides Clark Gregg's Agent Coulson. It has just been revealed that Cobie Smulders joins the new ABC series, reprising her role as Agent Maria Hill .
Smulders will be seen in the first episode of "S.H.I.E.L.D." Because of her work commitment to "How I Met Your Mother", she won't be featured in every episode and is only able to appear occasionally on the "Avengers" TV spin-off.
"I wanted very much to have Cobie in the pilot because as much as anyone else, she IS SHIELD," the pilot's writer/director Joss Whedon says in a statement. "She's cool and commanding, and has the dry humor that plays so well with Clark's. Also, if she's in it I get to hang out with Cobie."
In order to keep this interesting tidbit under wraps, the show's pilot wasn't sent to critics in May like most freshmen series. Fans, however, finally got a look at the premiere episode at the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, July 19.
During the Q&A session, Whedon responded to a question about which superheros and villains from the Marvel cinematic universe that would appear on the TV show. "We may see some people and we may see some new people from the Marvel Universe who are not cinematic," he coyly said. Asked specifically about Deadpool, he replied, "That's Level Seven," and Head of Television for Marvel Jeph Loeb added, "I'm gonna go there and say, 'Probably not.' "
Gregg, meanwhile, shared how it felt to play Agent Coulson again. "I didn't love being dead, but I really liked my death," he admitted. "I thought I was done and I was really pleased and proud with the run that the guy had. And then bad-ass geeks around the world were just not trying to hear that, see? That just means everything to me, everything to me about this, that this is something that you guys asked for."
"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." will premiere Tuesday, September 24 at 8 P.M. on ABC. The network has just debuted some new photos, with two of them giving first look at Cobie Smulders' Agent Maria Hill on the action series.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event