Cobie Smulders Reprises Maria Hill on 'S.H.I.E.L.D.', Pilot Screens at Comic-Con
As soon as "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." hits the small screen, Marvel's fans will see an appearance from "The Avengers" character besides Clark Gregg's Agent Coulson. It has just been revealed that Cobie Smulders joins the new ABC series, reprising her role as Agent Maria Hill .
Smulders will be seen in the first episode of "S.H.I.E.L.D." Because of her work commitment to "How I Met Your Mother", she won't be featured in every episode and is only able to appear occasionally on the "Avengers" TV spin-off.
"I wanted very much to have Cobie in the pilot because as much as anyone else, she IS SHIELD," the pilot's writer/director Joss Whedon says in a statement. "She's cool and commanding, and has the dry humor that plays so well with Clark's. Also, if she's in it I get to hang out with Cobie."
In order to keep this interesting tidbit under wraps, the show's pilot wasn't sent to critics in May like most freshmen series. Fans, however, finally got a look at the premiere episode at the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, July 19.
During the Q&A session, Whedon responded to a question about which superheros and villains from the Marvel cinematic universe that would appear on the TV show. "We may see some people and we may see some new people from the Marvel Universe who are not cinematic," he coyly said. Asked specifically about Deadpool, he replied, "That's Level Seven," and Head of Television for Marvel Jeph Loeb added, "I'm gonna go there and say, 'Probably not.' "
Gregg, meanwhile, shared how it felt to play Agent Coulson again. "I didn't love being dead, but I really liked my death," he admitted. "I thought I was done and I was really pleased and proud with the run that the guy had. And then bad-ass geeks around the world were just not trying to hear that, see? That just means everything to me, everything to me about this, that this is something that you guys asked for."
"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." will premiere Tuesday, September 24 at 8 P.M. on ABC. The network has just debuted some new photos, with two of them giving first look at Cobie Smulders' Agent Maria Hill on the action series.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake