'Psych' Debuts Sneak Peek of Musical Special
The long-awaited "Psych" musical has finally gotten an air date. At the San Diego Comic-Con, it's revealed that the two-hour special would hit the small screen Sunday, December 15 with guest appearances by musical vets Anthony Rapp and Barry Bostwick.
A first look at the said episode has also landed online via The Hollywood Reporter. It sees James Roday's Shawn and Dule Hill's Gus singing and dancing about solving cases under the Santa Barbara sky, joined by other members of the Santa Barbara Police Department.
In "Psych: The Musical", Shawn and Gus track down escaped playwright mad man named Z (Rapp), who six years earlier was deemed criminally insane after locking a critic in a back room of the theater that he burned to the ground. Shawn and Gus are forced to consult with the one person Z confided in while in the institution, a dangerous villain from Shawn's past.
Back to the Comic-Con panel, USA announced the winner of first ever "Psych" fan-vote contest to choose a storyline to feature in a season eight episode. The chosen episode, "A Nightmare on State Street", will find Gus entering dream therapy to understand the cause of his recent night terrors, but after therapy, nothing is as it seems. It will be directed by Roday and promises to deliver "a new vision in terror."
The eighth season of "Psych" will premiere this winter on USA Network. A new trailer for the upcoming installment has just been unveiled as well.
"Psych: The Musical" sneak peek:
"Psych" season 8 trailer:
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single