'Psych' Debuts Sneak Peek of Musical Special
The long-awaited "Psych" musical has finally gotten an air date. At the San Diego Comic-Con, it's revealed that the two-hour special would hit the small screen Sunday, December 15 with guest appearances by musical vets Anthony Rapp and Barry Bostwick.
A first look at the said episode has also landed online via The Hollywood Reporter. It sees James Roday's Shawn and Dule Hill's Gus singing and dancing about solving cases under the Santa Barbara sky, joined by other members of the Santa Barbara Police Department.
In "Psych: The Musical", Shawn and Gus track down escaped playwright mad man named Z (Rapp), who six years earlier was deemed criminally insane after locking a critic in a back room of the theater that he burned to the ground. Shawn and Gus are forced to consult with the one person Z confided in while in the institution, a dangerous villain from Shawn's past.
Back to the Comic-Con panel, USA announced the winner of first ever "Psych" fan-vote contest to choose a storyline to feature in a season eight episode. The chosen episode, "A Nightmare on State Street", will find Gus entering dream therapy to understand the cause of his recent night terrors, but after therapy, nothing is as it seems. It will be directed by Roday and promises to deliver "a new vision in terror."
The eighth season of "Psych" will premiere this winter on USA Network. A new trailer for the upcoming installment has just been unveiled as well.
"Psych: The Musical" sneak peek:
"Psych" season 8 trailer:
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern