Rose Byrne Eyes 'Annie' as Next Starring Vehicle
Rose Byrne might be the next actress attached to star in "Annie". According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Dana depicter in buddy comedy "The Internship" enters talks to portray Grace, the dutiful assistant to Benjamin Stacks that is already confirmed to be tackled by "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" villain Jamie Foxx.
If all deals are sealed, Byrne will team up with Quvenzhane Wallis and Cameron Diaz in addition to Foxx. While "Bad Teacher" star Diaz is tapped to portray Miss Hannigan, the villainous orphanage matron in the story, "Beasts of the Southern Wild" actress Wallis is set to be the titular character.
Set in a modern era, the drama musical is inspired by the classic tale of little girl Annie who is taken by the rich Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks after running from an orphanage. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith will join forces to produce the movie alongside Jay-Z.
Will Gluck will serve behind the lens and revise the film's screenplay, which was written by Emma Thompson and Aline Brosh McKenna.
"Annie" is scheduled to open opposite Disney's musical "Into the Woods" on Christmas Day in 2014.
Byrne is currently filming "This Is Where I Leave You" for director Shawn Levy. She will next be seen in James Wan's horror thriller "Insidious Chapter 2".
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies