Michael Jackson 'Didn't Want to Be Moonwalkin' at 50', Says Mom Katherine
In a video deposition played for the jury today in Michael Jackson's wrongful death trial, mom Katherine Jackson revealed that there was almost no chance in hell that the world would get to see his son, the late King of Pop, perform live again. Of course, this was all before Michael signed up for his fateful "This Is It" tour.
In her testimony, Katherine explained that the first time she learned about her son agreeing to do the ill-fated "This Is It" series of concerts with concert promoter AEG Live was the same way millions around the world learned about it. This was when Jackson made the announcement in London from behind the podium back in 2009 just months before his death.
Although she couldn't recall who she was with at that time she saw Michael making the announcement, she was surprised to learn that her son would be going on a new concert tour after years of being inactive onstage. She knew "Michael did not want to do it anymore," adding, "He would always joke about how he did not want to be moonwalkin' when he's 50" and that "he wants to do something else" although there was no mention of what that new endeavor was.
According to Katherine, there was no hint from Michael at all up until he made his tour announcement that there was still a chance he would be performing live again soon. It had been more than a decade since Michael last went on his HIStory World Tour in support of his second to the last album.
More Michael Jackson News
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs