Michael Jackson 'Didn't Want to Be Moonwalkin' at 50', Says Mom Katherine
In a video deposition played for the jury today in Michael Jackson's wrongful death trial, mom Katherine Jackson revealed that there was almost no chance in hell that the world would get to see his son, the late King of Pop, perform live again. Of course, this was all before Michael signed up for his fateful "This Is It" tour.
In her testimony, Katherine explained that the first time she learned about her son agreeing to do the ill-fated "This Is It" series of concerts with concert promoter AEG Live was the same way millions around the world learned about it. This was when Jackson made the announcement in London from behind the podium back in 2009 just months before his death.
Although she couldn't recall who she was with at that time she saw Michael making the announcement, she was surprised to learn that her son would be going on a new concert tour after years of being inactive onstage. She knew "Michael did not want to do it anymore," adding, "He would always joke about how he did not want to be moonwalkin' when he's 50" and that "he wants to do something else" although there was no mention of what that new endeavor was.
According to Katherine, there was no hint from Michael at all up until he made his tour announcement that there was still a chance he would be performing live again soon. It had been more than a decade since Michael last went on his HIStory World Tour in support of his second to the last album.
More Michael Jackson News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics