Michael Jackson 'Didn't Want to Be Moonwalkin' at 50', Says Mom Katherine
In a video deposition played for the jury today in Michael Jackson's wrongful death trial, mom Katherine Jackson revealed that there was almost no chance in hell that the world would get to see his son, the late King of Pop, perform live again. Of course, this was all before Michael signed up for his fateful "This Is It" tour.
In her testimony, Katherine explained that the first time she learned about her son agreeing to do the ill-fated "This Is It" series of concerts with concert promoter AEG Live was the same way millions around the world learned about it. This was when Jackson made the announcement in London from behind the podium back in 2009 just months before his death.
Although she couldn't recall who she was with at that time she saw Michael making the announcement, she was surprised to learn that her son would be going on a new concert tour after years of being inactive onstage. She knew "Michael did not want to do it anymore," adding, "He would always joke about how he did not want to be moonwalkin' when he's 50" and that "he wants to do something else" although there was no mention of what that new endeavor was.
According to Katherine, there was no hint from Michael at all up until he made his tour announcement that there was still a chance he would be performing live again soon. It had been more than a decade since Michael last went on his HIStory World Tour in support of his second to the last album.
More Michael Jackson News
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kelly Ripa Will Announce New 'Live!' Co-Host on Monday
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC