Michael Jackson 'Didn't Want to Be Moonwalkin' at 50', Says Mom Katherine
In a video deposition played for the jury today in Michael Jackson's wrongful death trial, mom Katherine Jackson revealed that there was almost no chance in hell that the world would get to see his son, the late King of Pop, perform live again. Of course, this was all before Michael signed up for his fateful "This Is It" tour.
In her testimony, Katherine explained that the first time she learned about her son agreeing to do the ill-fated "This Is It" series of concerts with concert promoter AEG Live was the same way millions around the world learned about it. This was when Jackson made the announcement in London from behind the podium back in 2009 just months before his death.
Although she couldn't recall who she was with at that time she saw Michael making the announcement, she was surprised to learn that her son would be going on a new concert tour after years of being inactive onstage. She knew "Michael did not want to do it anymore," adding, "He would always joke about how he did not want to be moonwalkin' when he's 50" and that "he wants to do something else" although there was no mention of what that new endeavor was.
According to Katherine, there was no hint from Michael at all up until he made his tour announcement that there was still a chance he would be performing live again soon. It had been more than a decade since Michael last went on his HIStory World Tour in support of his second to the last album.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation