Holland Roden on MJ Casting Rumor: 'I've Never Read for 'Spider-Man' '
Another actress slams reports she is linked to the role of Mary Jane in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3". After Sarah Gadon revealed that she was not the new depicter, Holland Roden is the next to sing the same tune. Rumor about the 26-year-old beauty's involvement in the movie was fueled by her "Teen Wolf" co-star, Colton Haynes, who said Roden would be an amazing choice to play MJ.
"One of my very, very, very best friends didn't decide to consult me before he [talked about it]," Roden told MTV at San Diego Comic-Con on Thursday, July 18. She revealed that she got five phone calls in one day congratulating her, thanks to Haynes. "We're both in the business but we don't necessarily talk about the business, so I think he just assumed it was true and he said it in an interview and then it spread like wildfire," she added.
The role of Mary Jane was supposed to have been tackled by Shailene Woodley and introduced in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". However, the character was later cut from the production following Marc Webb's creative decision "to streamline the story and focus on Peter and Gwen and their relationship."
"Of course I'm bummed," Woodley said to Entertainment Weekly. "[But] Based on the proposed plot, I completely understand the need for holding off on introducing MJ until the next film."
Sarah Gadon was the first actress that was reportedly set to replace Woodley. The Canadian actress later took to Twitter to dismiss the rumor. "To all those a twitter, I will not be playing MJ in Spider-Man. I have a role in the film, but it is not that one :)," revealed the co-star of Robert Pattinson in "Cosmopolis".
While the third installment won't be out until June 2016, "Amazing Spider-Man 2" will swing his way onto the San Diego Comic-Con stage on Friday, July 19 and onto big-screens in May 2014.
Colton Haynes on Holland Roden MJ Rumor (courtesy of Flicks and the City):
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year