Fall Out Boy Records 'Eight or Nine' Songs With Ryan Adams
Fall Out Boy was rumored working on new album after sharing a photo that sees them in a studio with Ryan Adams. The photo, which was posted on Instagram last week, arrived with a caption that said, "Back to work pax am." Now, the band explained what actually happened there.
Bassist Pete Wentz told Rolling Stone that he and his band spent two marathon nights to record "eight or nine" songs. Adams was there to direct the session. "It was punk rock -the stuff that makes you want to kick the s**t out of your bedroom at your parents' house," said Wentz. "It's impossible to deny the spirit of what was happening there."
Wentz revealed that the collaboration happened because of their mutual friend, Butch Walker. "I used to like listen to his stuff growing up!" Wentz gushed about working with Adams.
He went on to describe Adam's Pax-Am Studio. "It was wild," Wentz said of the studio, which was decorated with vintage GI Joe figurines, comic books and a stuffed wild cat. "It was like hanging out with your older brother that got you into punk rock. Except he gets all the jokes and he's not like, 'Here's these s**tty kids' or whatever. So that was cool," he continued.
However, FOB and Adams weren't in the studio to work on an album. "We played loud and Patrick was singing live vocals, so it was very raw. There were ideas, yelling, laughing and a lot of jokes, just for the heck of it. It was really good for the spirit of Fall Out Boy. We just haven't ever done that," he added.
FOB released their fifth studio album, "Save Rock and Roll", back in April. They will embark on their European and Asian tour on July 25. In September, they will hit U.S. arenas with Panic At the Disco.
More Fall Out Boy News
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift