'Top Chef' Judge Gail Simmons Expecting First Child
Celebrity chef Gail Simmons is going to be a first-time mother. The "Top Chef" judge has announced that she and her husband Jeremy Abrams are expecting their child, who is due to arrive this winter.
The 37-year-old food expert got married to Abrams in Long Island City, New York in 2008. The wedding was featured in Martha Stewart's Weddings. Wearing a white Carolina Herrera wedding dress, the bride walked down the aisle with her parents on her sides.
Simmons held a small bouquet of dahlias, roses, zinnias, geraniums, and ornamental oregano at the ceremony. The veil she wore was also worn by her mother in her own wedding more than 40 years ago. Her nieces Brooke and Elle Simmons served as the flower girls. Friends and family members, including fellow "Top Chef" judge Tom Colicchio, were present at the event.
In her memoir "Talking With My Mouth Full", Simmons dished on how Adams proposed to her. The food expert said that Adams popped the question after she woke up in the morning following 10 days of "Top Chef" on-the-road promotion. After she accepted the ring, she was surprised with a "full breakfast delivery" from the couple's favorite eatery, August.
"We made it last the whole day, laid out like a picnic on our living room floor," she said. "Twenty minutes later, the doorbell rang again. Two deliverymen arrived bearing vases full of flowers; huge peonies, dahlias, roses, and hydrangeas. They lasted for days," Simmons gushed.
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'