'Top Chef' Judge Gail Simmons Expecting First Child
Celebrity chef Gail Simmons is going to be a first-time mother. The "Top Chef" judge has announced that she and her husband Jeremy Abrams are expecting their child, who is due to arrive this winter.
The 37-year-old food expert got married to Abrams in Long Island City, New York in 2008. The wedding was featured in Martha Stewart's Weddings. Wearing a white Carolina Herrera wedding dress, the bride walked down the aisle with her parents on her sides.
Simmons held a small bouquet of dahlias, roses, zinnias, geraniums, and ornamental oregano at the ceremony. The veil she wore was also worn by her mother in her own wedding more than 40 years ago. Her nieces Brooke and Elle Simmons served as the flower girls. Friends and family members, including fellow "Top Chef" judge Tom Colicchio, were present at the event.
In her memoir "Talking With My Mouth Full", Simmons dished on how Adams proposed to her. The food expert said that Adams popped the question after she woke up in the morning following 10 days of "Top Chef" on-the-road promotion. After she accepted the ring, she was surprised with a "full breakfast delivery" from the couple's favorite eatery, August.
"We made it last the whole day, laid out like a picnic on our living room floor," she said. "Twenty minutes later, the doorbell rang again. Two deliverymen arrived bearing vases full of flowers; huge peonies, dahlias, roses, and hydrangeas. They lasted for days," Simmons gushed.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones