Robert Downey Jr. Named Highest-Paid Actor by Forbes
Forbes has released names of highest-paid actors in Hollywood and "Iron Man" star Robert Downey Jr. takes number 1 spot on the list. With $75 million in earnings between June 2012 and June 2013, "The Avengers" actor defeats Channing Tatum, who is on number two and Hugh Jackman who gets the third position.
Robert, whose career went down because of drugs, became a top actor after starring in hit movies "The Avengers" in 2012 and "Iron Man 3" in 2013. "Iron Man" franchise approximately fetches in $2.4 billion, while "The Avengers" becomes the third highest-grossing movie of all time with $1.5 billion at the box office. Forbes noted that Robert played Tony Stark brilliantly by mixing arrogance, humor and a hint of vulnerability and created a superhero character that everyone loved.
New father Channing Tatum, who was estimated to collect $60 million in earnings, lands at number two of Forbes' highest-paid actors. Channing made a deal with director Steven Soderbergh and self-managed the budget for their flick "Magic Mike". Because of the partnership, the duo did not have to share the profit with a studio. "Magic Mike" was created with $7 million budget, but it fetched $167 million at the global box office.
Hugh Jackman takes the third spot on the list with estimated $55 million in earnings. Most portion of the money came from "X Men" films and his role as Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables". The movie, that was nominated for eight Oscar categories, brought in $438 million on $61 million budget. His latest project "The Wolverine" will hit theaters later this month.
The list of highest-paid actors was completed based on discussion with agents, producers, managers and other people in the entertainment industry. The estimated earnings were not deducted with taxes, agent fee or others.
Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Actors:
- Robert Downey Jr., $75 million
- Channing Tatum, $60 million
- Hugh Jackman, $55 million
- Mark Wahlberg, $52 million
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, $46 million
- Leonardo DiCaprio, $39 million
- Adam Sandler, $37 million
- Tom Cruise, $35 million
- Denzel Washington, $33 million
- Liam Neeson, $32 million
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo