Lolo Jones Allegedly Knocks Out Fellow Bobsled Athlete Aja Evans in Bar Fight
U.S. national bobsled team brakeman Lolo Jones reportedly got into a bar fight over the weekend with fellow bobsled athlete Aja Evans, the stepdaughter of the sport's Hall of Famer Tony Carlino. The 30-year-old mixed team event world champion allegedly knocked out Evans during their nightclub altercation, as reported by Fox Sports Tonight radio host Amy Van Dyken.
However, the U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Federation clarified that the incident was not as bad as initially portrayed. The two women were said to have gotten into an argument at New York club Roomers, supposedly in the presence of other U.S. bobsled athletes, but were separated by bouncers just in time before it could get any worse.
There seems to be no sanctions in sight for the Olympic hopeful since the U.S.B.S.F. does not think any violations on the team's code of conduct have been committed. Some claim there's even a cover-up in place since Jones generates huge publicity for the sport of bobsledding.
But with or without the alleged cover-up, Jones had been attracting some negative attention towards herself. Last month, she insulted her colleagues by posting a Vine video about her $741.84 check from the U.S.B.S.F. with the message, "Seven months with bobsled season. The whole season. That's it?" She also at one point challenged former Rutgers football player Eric LeGrand to a race, without knowing that the former Tampa Bay Buccaneers player was already paralyzed.
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama