Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' for Second Season
Showtime has given "Ray Donovan" a vote of confidence by picking up the show for a second season. The new series has just aired three episodes so far following its record-breaking premiere on June 30.
"Ray Donovan is on track to be our biggest season 1 show ever," says David Nevins, president of entertainment for Showtime Networks, in a statement. "Ann Biderman and the extraordinarily talented creative team, coupled with the brilliant ensemble cast led by Liev Schreiber, have produced one of the hottest new dramas of the year. We are proud and excited to pick up another season."
On the drama show which marks the first lead television role for Schreiber, he takes on the title role, who is the man called in to solve the most difficult problems for LA's rich and powerful. The first episode drew 1.4 million viewers, breaking the record previously held by "Homeland" for the best ratings ever for a Showtime original series premiere.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour