Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' for Second Season
Showtime has given "Ray Donovan" a vote of confidence by picking up the show for a second season. The new series has just aired three episodes so far following its record-breaking premiere on June 30.
"Ray Donovan is on track to be our biggest season 1 show ever," says David Nevins, president of entertainment for Showtime Networks, in a statement. "Ann Biderman and the extraordinarily talented creative team, coupled with the brilliant ensemble cast led by Liev Schreiber, have produced one of the hottest new dramas of the year. We are proud and excited to pick up another season."
On the drama show which marks the first lead television role for Schreiber, he takes on the title role, who is the man called in to solve the most difficult problems for LA's rich and powerful. The first episode drew 1.4 million viewers, breaking the record previously held by "Homeland" for the best ratings ever for a Showtime original series premiere.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?