Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' for Second Season
Showtime has given "Ray Donovan" a vote of confidence by picking up the show for a second season. The new series has just aired three episodes so far following its record-breaking premiere on June 30.
"Ray Donovan is on track to be our biggest season 1 show ever," says David Nevins, president of entertainment for Showtime Networks, in a statement. "Ann Biderman and the extraordinarily talented creative team, coupled with the brilliant ensemble cast led by Liev Schreiber, have produced one of the hottest new dramas of the year. We are proud and excited to pick up another season."
On the drama show which marks the first lead television role for Schreiber, he takes on the title role, who is the man called in to solve the most difficult problems for LA's rich and powerful. The first episode drew 1.4 million viewers, breaking the record previously held by "Homeland" for the best ratings ever for a Showtime original series premiere.
More Ray Donovan News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist