Taylor Swift's Fans Send Death Threats to Designers Over T-Shirt
Indie clothing company Bad Kids Clothing have become a new target of death threats from Taylor Swift's fans after people who run the company posted a picture of a t-shirt, which features a list of the singer's ex-boyfriends online. Bad Kids Clothing's Lex Houser and Andi Cross told Fashionista that they created the t-shirt for their friend who is a Taylor Swift fan.
The duo later uploaded a picture of the t-shirt to Instagram. The photo shows a blue sleeveless t-shirt with names of men who were romantically linked to Taylor Swift, such as Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner, Jake Gyllenhaal and Harry Styles.
Taylor's fans, who did not like the idea of someone mocking their favorite singer's love life, soon requested the company to remove the t-shirt. "They keep telling me to take it off the site, but it wasn't on the site, so I guess they wanted me to take down the picture [from Instagram]. So I took down the picture - I don't really care - and then they kept going. It got worse and worse," Houser said.
The Swifties also bombarded the clothing company by phone, e-mail and Twitter. They even sent death threats and threatened to burn the shops. Ironically, the clothing company only sells its products online. Despite the attack, the duo proceeded to sell the t-shirts following the attention they received.
"Andi and I both had a history of being cyber bullied growing up, and these kids are thinking if they just tell us they're going to kill us and that 30 million people are going to attack us, that we would just do what they said," Houser added.
Last month, another clothing company Abercrombie & Fitch was forced to remove a t-shirt that featured a message, " More boyfriends than t.s," from stores after they received backlashes from the "Dear John" singer's devoted fans. The company even left a message on Twitter, "Hey #swifties we no longer sell the tshirt. We
More Taylor Swift News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri