Benedict Cumberbatch Channels WikiLeaks Founder in First Trailer for 'The Fifth Estate'
"The Fifth Estate", Dreamworks' upcoming dramatic thriller about WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, has debuted its first trailer online. The promo video offers fans glimpses of Benedict Cumberbatch as the Australian-born internet activist and a peek at the controversial story.
The film is partly based on Daniel Domscheit-Berg's book "Inside WikiLeaks: My Time with Julian Assange and the World's Most Dangerous Website" and "WikiLeaks: Inside Julian Assange's War on Secrecy" by British journalists David Leigh and Luke Harding. Josh Singer serves as the writer for the project.
In charge of serving behind the lens is director Bill Condon, who helmed the last two-part installment in "Twilight" film series as well as "Dreamgirls". Steve Golin and Michael Sugar team up to produce the pic which has been scheduled to open in U.S. theaters on October 11.
Starring as Domscheit-Berg, Assange's early supporter and eventual colleague, is Daniel Bruhl. The movie additionally casts Alicia Vikander, David Thewlis, Anthony Mackie and Stanley Tucci, who is featured in the trailer saying of Assange, "He's not a journalist - he's a threat to national security!"
"The Fifth Estate" is the fifth film in which Dreamworks collaborates with Participant Media following "Lincoln" and "The Soloist" among others.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season