Kate Moss Slams Anorexia and Heroin Rumors
Supermodel Kate Moss denies reports suggesting that she was anorexic and did heroin in an August issue of Allure. Kate, who soared to fame in 1990s and became the face of the "heroin chic" era, says that the accusations were "horrible."
"It was horrible, especially the anorexic thing. The heroin, I was like, 'Oh, it's just ridiculous. I don't do heroin. Just because I wear a bit of black eyeliner that's smudged...' But the anorexic thing was a lot more upsetting, to be held responsible for somebody's illness. I wasn't anorexic," she says.
To the magazine, which also features elegant pictures of her which were taken by photographer Mario Testino, Kate also shares tips on fashion. "I try and be a little bit chic. I wouldn't wear sweatpants. I wouldn't wear a twinset. ... With confidence, I think anyone can get a dress and make it their own," she explains.
"I don't think you should have it off the runway and wear it like they want you to wear it. You know, with their hair and makeup - their woman. I just think it's boring. You have to make it your own. That's what fashion is all about," Kate says, adding, "Always clean hair. That's a must. If in doubt, wash it."
In the fashion magazine, which will hit stands on July 23, Kate admits that at the start of her career, she felt insecure about her body. "I didn't like my flat chest. I was like, 'Oh, I'm going to have a [boob] job.' Can you imagine?" the mother of one says, adding that taking nude photoshoot was a challenge.
"I used to be so scared about 'Oh, I don't want to show my body.' Now that I've shown it, it doesn't bug me about my moles, or 'This isn't big enough' and 'That's not smooth enough,' " the wife of musician Jamie Hince explains.
More Kate Moss News
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album