Dan Brown's 'Inferno' Secures Tom Hanks and Release Date
Tom Hanks will reprise his role as Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon in "Inferno", the third adaptation of Dan Brown's novel. Deadline confirms the casting news and adds that the Oscar winner will reteam with his collaborator in the previous two installments, director Ron Howard. "Angels & Demons" scribe David Koepp is tapped to return as well. The movie is set for a December 18, 2015 release.
"Inferno" is the fourth book that was released in May. Since it's still fresh in fans' minds, it is probably what triggers Sony Pictures' decision to skip the third novel, "The Lost Symbol". The story is set in Europe and inspired by Dante Alighieri's 14th-Century epic poem, "The Divine Comedy". The protagonist is still Langdon, who of course attempts to solve a riddle once again, only this time influenced by the literary masterpiece.
When promoting the Italian version of his latest book in Florence last June, Brown revealed that he had kept one name of whom he would like to star in "Inferno". "It would be an honor to have a great actor like Roberto Benigni in my next film," admitted the author. "I have seen some of his performances based on Dante's work on YouTube and they are marvelous."
Even so, there is still no update on whether the Tuscan Oscar winner, who starred in Woody Allen's "To Rome With Love", is indeed invited to take part in the adaptation.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!