Ellen DeGeneres Mourns the Death of YouTube Sensation Talia Castellano
Ellen DeGeneres is mourning the death of YouTube make-up star Talia Joy Castellano. The inspiring 13-year-old teenager lost a long battle with cancer on Tuesday, July 16. The comedian took to Twitter to offer condolences.
"This year I met a very special girl, and today we lost her. Sending my heart to Talia's family. I'm so sad," she wrote. She also shared a picture of the girl on Instagram. "Thinking of my friend," she captioned the picture.
Talia was diagnosed with stage-four neuroblastoma when she was 7 years old. The bubbly girl refused donning a wig and chose to experiment with colorful make-up. She became YouTube star after she posted videos of her doing make-up tutorials in 2011 and garnered hundreds of thousands of subscribers in several months.
Last year, her fans started a campaign to make her dream of meeting Ellen come true. The TV personality noticed it and the charismatic teenager was invited to "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in September 2012. Ellen, who is a representative of CoverGirl, named her an honorary CoverGirl.
When Talia was asked about how she could stay positive despite her condition, the girl said, "When people ask me that, what do you want me to do, be depressed? I mean a little fishy told me, 'Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!' " referring to a line by Dori in "Finding Nemo".
CoverGirl Vice President and General Manager, Esi Eggleston Bracey, released a statement following Talia's passing. "We are honored to have known Talia and grateful for all the ways she showed us what true beauty means. She inspired millions with her strength, personality and talent. Talia has touched our CoverGirl family forever, and we're thankful to have been a part of her life. Our hearts go out to her family and friends during this difficult time," the statement read.
CoverGirl's Sofia Vergara also took to WhoSay to mourn the teen. "My heart and thoughts are with Talia, the most beautiful & inspiring @Covergirl ever and with her loving family and friends #RIPTalia," she wrote.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch