'McCanick' Clip: Cory Monteith Played Addict in Final Film
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 702
Before his tragic death on July 13, Cory Monteith apparently had wrapped up two movies. Among those is "McCanick", Bleiberg Entertainment's upcoming action drama in which the "Glee" actor channeled his personal addiction struggles with his portrayal of Simon Weeks. Yahoo! Movies provides fans with a clip of the film featuring the late heartthrob, who died at the age of 31, in action.
Director Josh C. Waller revealed to L.A. Times how the Finn Hudson depicter landed the role in the film. "In my mind, I was envisioning a teeny little drug guy [for the role], but Cory Monteith is this tall, strapping man," he recalled. "But when I met with him, he wanted to do it so badly. He was very vocal about his past, and said he wanted to tap into things from his youth that he hadn't been able to use as an actor yet."
In the July 14 interview, Waller said that the talented Canadian actor and singer had to fly in from Los Angeles to Philadelphia for multi-day stints. The helmer also revealed that Monteith had even started envisioning his future without "Glee", the singing show that made his name rise to stardom.
"He was like, 'I know I can't be on that show forever, so I'm starting to prep myself for when it's not on anymore,' " the filmmaker said. "With 'McCanick', he was starting that trajectory - like, 'Let me nip this in the bud right now.' "
"McCanick" is penned by Daniel Noah and also stars David Morse. Currently having no distributor yet, the movie was recently submitted to the Toronto International Film Festival, which will be held in September.
"I want people to see the movie, because Cory deserves that. People would ultimately see that he had a lot more to offer artistically, and it's a shame that this happened because now he can't explore that," Waller added.
Monteith's other wrapped-up film, "All the Wrong Reasons", also has no release date yet.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes