ABC Family Cancels 'The Lying Game' After Two Seasons
ABC Family has ended "The Lying Game". The network decides not to renew the drama series for a third season with a representative for the basic cable confirming the news, which was broken by star Alexandra Chando.
The actress, who played twin sisters Sutton Mercer and Emma Becker, took to Instagram and Twitter to drop the news. "To our awesome #lyinggame fans, thank you for these two amazing seasons," she wrote on Monday, July 15. "Unfortunately, Abc Family has decided not to bring us back for a third season. We so wanted to do 10 more for you guys! Thanks for your support and keep up with the cast to see what's next for us! Xx"
"The Lying Game", based on Sara Shepard's novels of the same title, follows twin sisters Sutton and Emma who switch lives. It wrapped up its second and now final season in March with some loose ends.
Another ABC Family series, "Bunheads", is still awaiting a verdict on its future. The show is on the bubble with latest report saying the network had torn down the sets.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'