Tom Cruise's 'All You Need Is Kill' Officially Retitled 'Edge of Tomorrow' in Comic-Con Poster
"All You Need Is Kill" now officially goes by the name of "Edge of Tomorrow", and the new title is introduced through its special Comic-Con poster. Warner Bros. announces on Twitter that first footage from the movie, a starring vehicle for Tom Cruise, will be debuted during its Saturday, July 20 presentation, starting at 10:00 A.M., at the San Diego convention.
Prior to the Comic-Con announcement, the sci-fi flick based on Hiroshi Sakurazaka's novel unveiled a new image which featured Cruise and co-star Emily Blunt in full-robotic attire from head to toe. Besides them, the Doug Liman-directed film is supported by Charlotte Riley, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Bill Paxton and Tony Way.
"Edge of Tomorrow" introduces Cruise as Lt. Col. Bill Cage, a new recruit in a war against aliens who finds himself caught in a time loop in which he wakes up in the past after having been killed on the battlefield. While the soldier's death and resurrection repeat, his skills grow as he attempts to change his fate.
Said to be in the vein of "Groundhog Day", it is produced by Erwin Stoff, Tom Lassally and Jason Hoffs. Joby Harold, who directed and penned Jessica Alba's "Awake", serves as scribe and executive producer in the Warner Bros. project.
"Edge of Tomorrow" will open on June 6, 2014 in the U.S.
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO