Tom Cruise's 'All You Need Is Kill' Officially Retitled 'Edge of Tomorrow' in Comic-Con Poster
"All You Need Is Kill" now officially goes by the name of "Edge of Tomorrow", and the new title is introduced through its special Comic-Con poster. Warner Bros. announces on Twitter that first footage from the movie, a starring vehicle for Tom Cruise, will be debuted during its Saturday, July 20 presentation, starting at 10:00 A.M., at the San Diego convention.
Prior to the Comic-Con announcement, the sci-fi flick based on Hiroshi Sakurazaka's novel unveiled a new image which featured Cruise and co-star Emily Blunt in full-robotic attire from head to toe. Besides them, the Doug Liman-directed film is supported by Charlotte Riley, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Bill Paxton and Tony Way.
"Edge of Tomorrow" introduces Cruise as Lt. Col. Bill Cage, a new recruit in a war against aliens who finds himself caught in a time loop in which he wakes up in the past after having been killed on the battlefield. While the soldier's death and resurrection repeat, his skills grow as he attempts to change his fate.
Said to be in the vein of "Groundhog Day", it is produced by Erwin Stoff, Tom Lassally and Jason Hoffs. Joby Harold, who directed and penned Jessica Alba's "Awake", serves as scribe and executive producer in the Warner Bros. project.
"Edge of Tomorrow" will open on June 6, 2014 in the U.S.
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order