'True Blood' Renewed for Seventh Season
"True Blood" vampires will return to HBO next summer. The premium cable channel officially announces that it has ordered a seventh season of the supernatural drama series halfway through the sixth season.
" 'True Blood' remains a signature show for HBO, and a true phenomenon with our viewers," says HBO programming prez Michael Lombardo. "Thanks to Brian Buckner and his talented team, the show continues to be a thrill ride like nothing else on TV."
Brian Buckner is the showrunner for season 6, replacing Alan Ball. He's slated to return in the same post for next season.
The early renewal doesn't come as a big surprise considering the fact that the show continues to draw solid ratings. According to early data, the show is already exceeding ten million viewers per episode.
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character