'True Blood' Renewed for Seventh Season
"True Blood" vampires will return to HBO next summer. The premium cable channel officially announces that it has ordered a seventh season of the supernatural drama series halfway through the sixth season.
" 'True Blood' remains a signature show for HBO, and a true phenomenon with our viewers," says HBO programming prez Michael Lombardo. "Thanks to Brian Buckner and his talented team, the show continues to be a thrill ride like nothing else on TV."
Brian Buckner is the showrunner for season 6, replacing Alan Ball. He's slated to return in the same post for next season.
The early renewal doesn't come as a big surprise considering the fact that the show continues to draw solid ratings. According to early data, the show is already exceeding ten million viewers per episode.
More True Blood News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift