'True Blood' Renewed for Seventh Season
"True Blood" vampires will return to HBO next summer. The premium cable channel officially announces that it has ordered a seventh season of the supernatural drama series halfway through the sixth season.
" 'True Blood' remains a signature show for HBO, and a true phenomenon with our viewers," says HBO programming prez Michael Lombardo. "Thanks to Brian Buckner and his talented team, the show continues to be a thrill ride like nothing else on TV."
Brian Buckner is the showrunner for season 6, replacing Alan Ball. He's slated to return in the same post for next season.
The early renewal doesn't come as a big surprise considering the fact that the show continues to draw solid ratings. According to early data, the show is already exceeding ten million viewers per episode.
- Ike Barinholtz Broke His Neck While Filming Movie Stunt
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Tummy in Skintight Crop Top
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?
- HBO's Porn Drama 'The Deuce' Gets a September Premiere Date
- Sean Spicer Eyed for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 25
- Paris Hilton Poses Half-Naked in Her Panties. See the Sexy Pic!
- Jennifer Aniston 'Humiliates' Jason Bateman at His Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony