'True Blood' Renewed for Seventh Season
"True Blood" vampires will return to HBO next summer. The premium cable channel officially announces that it has ordered a seventh season of the supernatural drama series halfway through the sixth season.
" 'True Blood' remains a signature show for HBO, and a true phenomenon with our viewers," says HBO programming prez Michael Lombardo. "Thanks to Brian Buckner and his talented team, the show continues to be a thrill ride like nothing else on TV."
Brian Buckner is the showrunner for season 6, replacing Alan Ball. He's slated to return in the same post for next season.
The early renewal doesn't come as a big surprise considering the fact that the show continues to draw solid ratings. According to early data, the show is already exceeding ten million viewers per episode.
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle