'True Blood' Renewed for Seventh Season
"True Blood" vampires will return to HBO next summer. The premium cable channel officially announces that it has ordered a seventh season of the supernatural drama series halfway through the sixth season.
" 'True Blood' remains a signature show for HBO, and a true phenomenon with our viewers," says HBO programming prez Michael Lombardo. "Thanks to Brian Buckner and his talented team, the show continues to be a thrill ride like nothing else on TV."
Brian Buckner is the showrunner for season 6, replacing Alan Ball. He's slated to return in the same post for next season.
The early renewal doesn't come as a big surprise considering the fact that the show continues to draw solid ratings. According to early data, the show is already exceeding ten million viewers per episode.
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development