Carly Rae Jepsen Laughs Off Her Awful First Pitch at Baseball Game
Carly Rae Jepsen's video became talk of the town for the wrong reason. After scoring summer hit "Call Me Maybe" last year, the Canadian singer has recently gone viral when her attempt to throw out the first pitch at the Sunday, July 14 baseball game went hilariously wrong.
Wearing a No. 8 Rays jersey, Jepsen pounded the ball into the ground before a showdown between the Houston Astros and Tampa Bay Rays. She giggled and covered her face with her hands before throwing her hands up in surrender as the ball traveled away from the pitcher's mound.
"She gives it a great effort here," a FOX broadcaster managed to praise her though the ball didn't make it to the home plate and bounced off a cameraman's bag instead. The Rays pitcher Matt Moore was seen chasing after the errant ball before he consoled her with a hug.
"So apparently I made ESPN with my fail of a pitch. Lol- Daddy must be so proud," she laughed on Twitter, before later re-tweeting a playful message from a family member, "Look at the bright side @carlyraejepsen you're the first one in the family to make it on @espn #loveyou." Another family member even jokingly advised that she "stick to her day job."
She also posted a series of Instagram pictures that captured the embarrassing moment. "A before and after. Me taking the mound. Me knocking the camera out of the photographers hands with the baseball. And me getting a sympathy hug from the catcher. Omg," she captioned. It didn't dampen her spirit to take pictures with fans and signed autographs though.
More Carly Rae Jepsen News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama