First '12 Years a Slave' Trailer: Michael Fassbender Is Unbearably Cruel
First trailer for historical drama "12 Years a Slave" has made its way out online. Featuring such famous Hollywood faces as Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt, Benedict Cumberbatch and Paul Giamatti, the movie from director Steve McQueen is easily predicted to be a potential Oscar contender, especially judging from how the promo video looks like.
Chiwetel Ejiofor is introduced as Solomon Northup, a free black man from upstate New York whose life suddenly changes as two men who approach him about a job offer kidnap and sell him into slavery. Fassbender turns out to be the owner of plantation where the poor guy is forced to work. As previewed in it, Northup often faces hard times working under supervision of the cruel owner.
The movie is based on the 1853 autobiography of the same name by real-life Solomon Northup. Written by John Ridley, it will also follow Northup's struggles to stay alive as well as to retain his dignity.
Paul Dano and Quvenzhane Wallis are also included in the cast ensemble for supporting roles. Besides tackling a small role, Pitt gets involved in the production as a co-producer alongside Dede Gardner and Jeremy Kleiner among others.
Fox Searchlight will release "12 Years a Slave" on October 18 in the U.S.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'