First '12 Years a Slave' Trailer: Michael Fassbender Is Unbearably Cruel
First trailer for historical drama "12 Years a Slave" has made its way out online. Featuring such famous Hollywood faces as Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt, Benedict Cumberbatch and Paul Giamatti, the movie from director Steve McQueen is easily predicted to be a potential Oscar contender, especially judging from how the promo video looks like.
Chiwetel Ejiofor is introduced as Solomon Northup, a free black man from upstate New York whose life suddenly changes as two men who approach him about a job offer kidnap and sell him into slavery. Fassbender turns out to be the owner of plantation where the poor guy is forced to work. As previewed in it, Northup often faces hard times working under supervision of the cruel owner.
The movie is based on the 1853 autobiography of the same name by real-life Solomon Northup. Written by John Ridley, it will also follow Northup's struggles to stay alive as well as to retain his dignity.
Paul Dano and Quvenzhane Wallis are also included in the cast ensemble for supporting roles. Besides tackling a small role, Pitt gets involved in the production as a co-producer alongside Dede Gardner and Jeremy Kleiner among others.
Fox Searchlight will release "12 Years a Slave" on October 18 in the U.S.
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single