Cirque du Soleil to Resume 'Ka' Performance Following Performer's Death
Cirque du Soleil is going to perform "Ka" again in Las Vegas after a veteran performer Sarah Guillot-Guyard fell to her death during a closing scene of the show at MGM Grand last month. Spokesperson for the company Renee-Claude Menard said on Sunday, July 14, that there would be a change to the show.
After consulting with production's artists and staff, the team decided to replace the final battle scene with a "dressing-ritual" scene. The scene will maintain both the storyline and duration. Menard told Associated Press that the upcoming Tuesday, July 16, performance would be dedicated to Guillot-Guyard.
Guillot-Guyard was pronounced dead on June 29 after she fell from 90-foot high during the final battle scene of "Ka". An audience member at the show said that initially many people thought the fall was scripted, but they realized that it was an incident after hearing screaming and groaning from the stage.
Clark County Coroner's Office has announced that the death of the Paris-born performer is accidental. An investigation has been carried out by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). The investigation can take up to six months to finish.
"I am heartbroken. I wish to extend my sincerest sympathies to the family. We are all completely devastated with this news," Cirque du Soleil's founder Guy Laliberte said in a statement at that time. The death of the mother of two is the first stage death in Cirque du Soleil's history.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd