Cirque du Soleil to Resume 'Ka' Performance Following Performer's Death
Cirque du Soleil is going to perform "Ka" again in Las Vegas after a veteran performer Sarah Guillot-Guyard fell to her death during a closing scene of the show at MGM Grand last month. Spokesperson for the company Renee-Claude Menard said on Sunday, July 14, that there would be a change to the show.
After consulting with production's artists and staff, the team decided to replace the final battle scene with a "dressing-ritual" scene. The scene will maintain both the storyline and duration. Menard told Associated Press that the upcoming Tuesday, July 16, performance would be dedicated to Guillot-Guyard.
Guillot-Guyard was pronounced dead on June 29 after she fell from 90-foot high during the final battle scene of "Ka". An audience member at the show said that initially many people thought the fall was scripted, but they realized that it was an incident after hearing screaming and groaning from the stage.
Clark County Coroner's Office has announced that the death of the Paris-born performer is accidental. An investigation has been carried out by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). The investigation can take up to six months to finish.
"I am heartbroken. I wish to extend my sincerest sympathies to the family. We are all completely devastated with this news," Cirque du Soleil's founder Guy Laliberte said in a statement at that time. The death of the mother of two is the first stage death in Cirque du Soleil's history.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture