Adam Lambert Leaves RCA Over 'Creative Differences'
Adam Lambert is no longer associated with RCA Records after turning down an offer to record an album of 1980s cover songs. In an open letter to The Hollywood Reporter, the 31-year-old singer cites "creative differences" as the reason behind the split.
"I've had an amazing few years working with the team at RCA; I admire all of them a great deal," Lambert, whose two albums were released under the label, writes, "At this point, [the label and I] are indeed having the oft-cited 'creative differences' as to what my next project will be."
Lambert goes on to say that the executives of RCA are indeed "pushing for" the covers album. "[It] feels that [the album] is the only kind of release they are prepared to support," he continues. "While there are lots of great songs from that decade, my heart is simply not in doing a covers album."
"Over the past four years, I have been truly fortunate to work with an amazing roster of producers, writers and engineers. Thanks to them, I have grown as both a songwriter and a vocalist. Artistically & professionally, I think it is essential that I continue with this evolution," he adds.
In the letter, Lambert also reveals that he's currently working on the follow-up to 2012's "Trespassing". "I am already deep into writing new material with some very talented colleagues for a brand new album, and I can't tell you how excited I am to share this new sound & direction," he says.
More Adam Lambert News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo