Adam Lambert Leaves RCA Over 'Creative Differences'
Adam Lambert is no longer associated with RCA Records after turning down an offer to record an album of 1980s cover songs. In an open letter to The Hollywood Reporter, the 31-year-old singer cites "creative differences" as the reason behind the split.
"I've had an amazing few years working with the team at RCA; I admire all of them a great deal," Lambert, whose two albums were released under the label, writes, "At this point, [the label and I] are indeed having the oft-cited 'creative differences' as to what my next project will be."
Lambert goes on to say that the executives of RCA are indeed "pushing for" the covers album. "[It] feels that [the album] is the only kind of release they are prepared to support," he continues. "While there are lots of great songs from that decade, my heart is simply not in doing a covers album."
"Over the past four years, I have been truly fortunate to work with an amazing roster of producers, writers and engineers. Thanks to them, I have grown as both a songwriter and a vocalist. Artistically & professionally, I think it is essential that I continue with this evolution," he adds.
In the letter, Lambert also reveals that he's currently working on the follow-up to 2012's "Trespassing". "I am already deep into writing new material with some very talented colleagues for a brand new album, and I can't tell you how excited I am to share this new sound & direction," he says.
More Adam Lambert News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna