Justin Timberlake Facing Trouble for 'Take Back the Night'
A couple of days after releasing "Take Back the Night", the first single off his forthcoming album "The 20/20 Experience - 2 of 2", pop/dance superstar Justin Timberlake has gotten into some trouble with well-known anti-sexual violence organization of the same name. The foundation claims the singer did not ask for their permission to use the name of their group in his new song.
"Everyone at Take Back the Night is really shocked, because normally, we get asked when people want to use the name," said the foundation's executive director Katherine Koestner. "Normally entities as large as Justin Timberlake do very kind and thoughtful things to support our cause."
Apart from the title, the organization, which "[seeks] to end sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual abuse and all other forms of sexual violence," also had issues with the song's actual content. "The lyrics are definitely very sexual and not at all clearly anti-sexual violence. 'Use me,' for example, is not a great phrase for anyone affiliated with the organization," Koestner pointed out.
After being contacted through his website and sent a formal letter by the foundation's legal counsel, Timberlake has responded through his agent apologizing for the apparent oversight all the while admitting about having no prior knowledge of the group before he wrote the song. "Justin's a good guy! He's a family man!" says JT's agent.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7