Justin Timberlake Facing Trouble for 'Take Back the Night'
A couple of days after releasing "Take Back the Night", the first single off his forthcoming album "The 20/20 Experience - 2 of 2", pop/dance superstar Justin Timberlake has gotten into some trouble with well-known anti-sexual violence organization of the same name. The foundation claims the singer did not ask for their permission to use the name of their group in his new song.
"Everyone at Take Back the Night is really shocked, because normally, we get asked when people want to use the name," said the foundation's executive director Katherine Koestner. "Normally entities as large as Justin Timberlake do very kind and thoughtful things to support our cause."
Apart from the title, the organization, which "[seeks] to end sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual abuse and all other forms of sexual violence," also had issues with the song's actual content. "The lyrics are definitely very sexual and not at all clearly anti-sexual violence. 'Use me,' for example, is not a great phrase for anyone affiliated with the organization," Koestner pointed out.
After being contacted through his website and sent a formal letter by the foundation's legal counsel, Timberlake has responded through his agent apologizing for the apparent oversight all the while admitting about having no prior knowledge of the group before he wrote the song. "Justin's a good guy! He's a family man!" says JT's agent.
More Justin Timberlake News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie