Ken Watanabe Is Cold-Blooded Samurai in First Trailer for Japan's 'Unforgiven' Remake
First trailer for a Japanese remake of Clint Eastwood's Oscar-winning pic "Unforgiven (2013)" has finally hit the web. From the way the video presents brief glimpses of the Lee Sang-Il movie, fans can surely expect that it will be just as captivating as the original movie, which was listed as the fourth best American film in the western genre by American Film Institute in June 2008.
In the remake which is set in Hokkaido, Japan in the 1880s, "Inception" actor Ken Watanabe plays the Eastwood role named Jubei Kamata, a samurai who has a violent past and now lives with his kid in relative peace. Protecting his dead wife's grave, Kamata has decided to never pick up a sword again. However, due to poverty, he has no choice but to pick the sword again to become a bounty hunter.
Also supporting the action movie are Akira Emoto who takes on the Morgan Freeman role and Koichi Sato who plays the role for which Gene Hackman won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.
Besides directing, Lee Sang-Il serves as the writer in the project from Time Warner's Warner Entertainment Japan.
"Unforgiven" is set to hit theaters in Japan on September 13.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival