Ken Watanabe Is Cold-Blooded Samurai in First Trailer for Japan's 'Unforgiven' Remake
First trailer for a Japanese remake of Clint Eastwood's Oscar-winning pic "Unforgiven (2013)" has finally hit the web. From the way the video presents brief glimpses of the Lee Sang-Il movie, fans can surely expect that it will be just as captivating as the original movie, which was listed as the fourth best American film in the western genre by American Film Institute in June 2008.
In the remake which is set in Hokkaido, Japan in the 1880s, "Inception" actor Ken Watanabe plays the Eastwood role named Jubei Kamata, a samurai who has a violent past and now lives with his kid in relative peace. Protecting his dead wife's grave, Kamata has decided to never pick up a sword again. However, due to poverty, he has no choice but to pick the sword again to become a bounty hunter.
Also supporting the action movie are Akira Emoto who takes on the Morgan Freeman role and Koichi Sato who plays the role for which Gene Hackman won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.
Besides directing, Lee Sang-Il serves as the writer in the project from Time Warner's Warner Entertainment Japan.
"Unforgiven" is set to hit theaters in Japan on September 13.
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident