Catherine Zeta-Jones Addresses Bipolar Disorder and Husband's Throat Cancer
Catherine Zeta-Jones who just left treatment to deal with her mental health problem broke her silence about her ordeal. In an interview with the newest issue of Stella magazine, the "Rock of Ages" actress also addressed Michael Douglas' throat cancer.
The star discussed the impact her husband's diagnosis had on her. "When you get sideswiped like that [by her husband's illness], it's an obvious trigger for your balance to be a little bit off - not sleeping, worry, stress. It's a classic trigger," she opened up.
"When Michael was diagnosed with cancer I really thought, 'You are going to have to wipe me off the floor,' " she dished on. "This happens to people all the time, but it's still a huge shock when the cards start to fall and you realize, 'My God, it really is happening to us.' "
"I thought I didn't have the [emotional] tools to cope. But it's amazing where the strength comes from - from family and friends, from strangers supporting us," she added.
Douglas earlier this year caused a buzz when he seemed to suggest that his cancer was caused by the HPV cancer, which according to him, was transmitted through oral sex. Instead of addressing the reason of his illness, Zeta-Jones, though, chose to share their experience of dealing with the cancer as a couple.
"He's a very matter-of-fact person. Once he was diagnosed he was like, 'Okay, what do I do?' He basically wanted that thing out of his body so he just blitzed the -------. It was very intensive ... but he still retained his sense of humor," she revealed.
"He was very open with the children. No secrets - they went and saw him having treatment. Together we all coped with everything," she went on. "It did make us closer. But I wouldn't wish it on anybody."
Zeta-Jones made her first official public appearance since rehab during the premiere of her new movie "Red 2" in Los Angeles. She looked stunning in a strapless black Maria Lucia Hohan gown. She stepped out solo as her husband was on the East Coast filming his movie and their children were at "sleep-away camp." "I'm missing them desperately," so she said.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger