Injured Mariah Carey Performs at MLB Charity Concert
Mariah Carey's hasn't fully recovered from the shoulder injury stemming from an incident that happened last week. However, Carey still managed to deliver a dazzling performance when taking the stage at MLB's All-Star Charity Concert at Central Park's Great Lawn in New York City on Saturday night, July 13.
At the concert to benefit the victims of Hurricane Sandy, the 43-year-old diva looked great in some fashionable slings to support her dislocated shoulder. Wearing a white and furry sling by Gucci, she told the crowd, "I'm not in the best of health here. It was us getting creative. I am filming this for myself so that i can remember this moment."
Carey then performed "My All" and "Looking In". "Do we have anyone from the Lambly in the house? I wrote it in about 15 minutes, and it requires a bit more stability than I have right now. I kinda got in trouble for writing this song so I'm gonna try," she said as she introduced "Looking In", which was taken from her 1995's "Daydream".
She ended the first set and re-emerged on the stage 45 minutes later. Wearing all-black gown and fancy sling, Carey belted out her latest single, "#Beautiful". Longtime collaborator and former fellow "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson played guitar when Carey sang the hit song. A choir later joined her when she closed her set with "Hero".
"God bless you," she told the crowd before exiting the stage. A fireworks display brought the evening to a close.
More Mariah Carey News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'