Workers at Cedars-Sinai Fired for Hacking Kim Kardashian's Medical Records
Kim Kardashian has reportedly become a victim of hospital privacy breach. Six people working at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center have been fired for having "inappropriately accessed" patient records between June 18 and June 24, Los Angeles Times reports.
A rep said the hospital had "a high standard for security" and "in this case that standard was violated." While they did not confirm the identities of the patients whose files were breached, TMZ reports the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star was one of the victims.
The six people getting fired are four employees of community physicians, one medical assistant, and an unpaid student research assistant. They would be denied access to Cedars-Sinai records even if they work for other health providers, the hospital said in a statement.
Five of the fired workers reportedly accessed a single patient record, and the other one hacked 14 files. The victimized patients including Kim reportedly have been duly notified of the breach. The hospital also plans to inform the law enforcement "out of an abundance of caution."
Kim gave birth to her first child, a baby girl with boyfriend Kanye West, on June 15. The couple named their daughter North West.
Security breach has been a recurring problem in Los Angeles. Back in 2008, UCLA Health System landed in trouble when their workers were suspected of hacking the medical records of such celebrities as Britney Spears, Farrah Fawcett and Maria Shriver.
One former employee was even convicted of selling the fodder for media outlet. As a result, the hospital paid $865,500 as a settlement with federal regulators.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13