Katy Perry, Rihanna, Taylor Swift and More Mourning Cory Monteith's Sudden Death
Stars reacted to the sudden passing of "Glee" actor Cory Monteith. In light of the sad news, Katy Perry, Rihanna and Taylor Swift and many others sent condolences and prayers to the recently-deceased star and his family.
Katy wrote, "Rest in peace Cory. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones. Our prayers are with you." RiRi posted, "Cory Monteith, may your spirit be at peace, and may you fly with the angels... Heartbreaking, my prayers are with all of his loved ones!" Taylor added, "Speechless. And for the worst reason."
Kaley Cuoco tweeted a similar solemn note, "#CoryMonteith no words. Prayers. Thoughts w his family. This is terrible. Can't speak." Nina Dobrev joined the mourners, "I'm gutted. Shocked and saddened to hear the news, my heart goes out to Cory's family and friends. Lets respect their space as they grieve."
Zooey Deschanel wrote, "This is such sad news about @CoryMonteith - what an absolutely tragic loss of a very talented young man." Kim Kardashian said, "Just heard about the death of Cory Monteith. So sad. Prayers 4 his family. Praying 4 Lea too! Words cant describe what they must be feeling."
Nick Jonas tweeted, "So sad to hear the news about Cory Monteith. Praying for his family and friends." Julianne Hough added, "One of the kindest people I've ever met! My heart breaks for Cory's family and loved ones... You will be missed and forever loved Cory!"
Neil Patrick Harris stated, "How sad to read about Cory Monteith passing away. What a shame. He was a lovely, kind, talented guy and will be missed." Ian Somerhalder wrote, "Its truly a sad day-an amazingly talented young man is gone.So sorry to the family,friends&fans of Cory Monteith.Such a good man.Truly."
Monteith was found dead in his hotel room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia on July 13. The cause of his death was not immediately known, but officials ruled out any suggestion of foul play. Autopsy is scheduled for Monday.
Lea Michele, his girlfriend of two years who starred with him on the FOX hit musical series, did not immediately react to his death on social media. Her representative said in a statement to the media, "We ask that everyone kindly respect Lea's privacy during this devastating time."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7