Idris Elba Says Inspiring Words in 'Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom' Teaser Trailer
"Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" has unleashed a teaser trailer which features Idris Elba as the South African revolutionary and activist Nelson Mandela. The video, however, does not see Elba in close-up as it follows the star walking through a field from a bird's eye view, with six children seen accompanying him.
Even so, it offers a slight taste of Elba's performance as Mandela through a voiceover. "I have walked a long walk to freedom," the actor says in a convincing accent. "It has been a lonely road and it is not over yet. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin. People learn to hate. They can be taught to love. For love comes more naturally to the human heart."
For preparing his role, Elba admits he's never met Mandela in person. "I never met Mr. Mandela because he was very ill, so our interpretation of him was without his personal influence," he said as cited by Daily Mail.
The "Pacific Rim" star added, "But the script is such a good script, and obviously it comes from his book, and the book speaks for itself."
Also starring Naomie Harris as Winnie Mandela, the pic will hit select theaters in the U.S. on November 29.
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans