Idris Elba Says Inspiring Words in 'Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom' Teaser Trailer
"Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" has unleashed a teaser trailer which features Idris Elba as the South African revolutionary and activist Nelson Mandela. The video, however, does not see Elba in close-up as it follows the star walking through a field from a bird's eye view, with six children seen accompanying him.
Even so, it offers a slight taste of Elba's performance as Mandela through a voiceover. "I have walked a long walk to freedom," the actor says in a convincing accent. "It has been a lonely road and it is not over yet. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin. People learn to hate. They can be taught to love. For love comes more naturally to the human heart."
For preparing his role, Elba admits he's never met Mandela in person. "I never met Mr. Mandela because he was very ill, so our interpretation of him was without his personal influence," he said as cited by Daily Mail.
The "Pacific Rim" star added, "But the script is such a good script, and obviously it comes from his book, and the book speaks for itself."
Also starring Naomie Harris as Winnie Mandela, the pic will hit select theaters in the U.S. on November 29.
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery