Video: Ed Sheeran's Performs Live on 'Today'
Ed Sheeran hit the stage of "Today" show at New York's Rockefeller Plaza on Friday, July 12. The 22-year-old British singer/songwriter brought along his guitar and led hundreds of orange-clad fans to sing some of his songs, including "Lego House", "The A Team" and "You Need Me, I Don't Need You".
The crowd that packed the plaza that day was reportedly one of the biggest that "Today" ever had. Some of the fans even started lining up on the outside of the plaza on Wednesday to make sure they get a front row spot to see Sheeran's performance.
"My nana always said if you can make it in New York you can make it anywhere," Sheeran said as he looked at his fans. "I'm just overwhelmed by it."
During a short interview with hosts Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie, the ginger-haired singer also talked about his tour with country singer Taylor Swift. Sheeran, who has been joining Swift on her "Red" tour, said, "The best thing about being on the road in general is just playing every single night in front of people that are genuinely fans of your music."
"I think the best thing about being on the road with Taylor is she has a lot of days off, so I actually get to see America. I got to see the Empire State Building the other day. I'd never been there, so that was fun," he continued.
Ed Sheeran Performs "Lego House":
Ed Sheeran Performs "The A Team":
Ed Sheeran Performs "You Need Me, I Don't Need You":
More Ed Sheeran News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'