Video: Ed Sheeran's Performs Live on 'Today'
Ed Sheeran hit the stage of "Today" show at New York's Rockefeller Plaza on Friday, July 12. The 22-year-old British singer/songwriter brought along his guitar and led hundreds of orange-clad fans to sing some of his songs, including "Lego House", "The A Team" and "You Need Me, I Don't Need You".
The crowd that packed the plaza that day was reportedly one of the biggest that "Today" ever had. Some of the fans even started lining up on the outside of the plaza on Wednesday to make sure they get a front row spot to see Sheeran's performance.
"My nana always said if you can make it in New York you can make it anywhere," Sheeran said as he looked at his fans. "I'm just overwhelmed by it."
During a short interview with hosts Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie, the ginger-haired singer also talked about his tour with country singer Taylor Swift. Sheeran, who has been joining Swift on her "Red" tour, said, "The best thing about being on the road in general is just playing every single night in front of people that are genuinely fans of your music."
"I think the best thing about being on the road with Taylor is she has a lot of days off, so I actually get to see America. I got to see the Empire State Building the other day. I'd never been there, so that was fun," he continued.
Ed Sheeran Performs "Lego House":
Ed Sheeran Performs "The A Team":
Ed Sheeran Performs "You Need Me, I Don't Need You":
More Ed Sheeran News
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host