First 'Out of the Furnace' Trailer: Christian Bale Seeks Retaliation
"Out of the Furnace", a starring vehicle for Christian Bale, has unleashed its first trailer online. Set to Pearl Jam's "Release", the video not only presents the plot pretty clearly, but also shows off impressive cast members that include Casey Affleck, Zoe Saldana, Willem Dafoe, Woody Harrelson and Forest Whitaker.
Penned and directed by "Crazy Heart" helmer Scott Cooper, the film introduces Bale as steel-mill worker Russell Baze, who goes in search of his brother Rodney after he mysteriously disappears under the auspices of a local crime boss. With nothing left to lose, Baze takes matters into his own hands, putting his life on the line to seek justice for his brother.
Among the producers of the movie from Relativity Media are "Prometheus" director Ridley Scott, Ryan Kavanaugh and Leonardo DiCaprio, who is set to produce and star in "Mean Business on North Ganson Street" alongside his "Django Unchained" co-star, Jamie Foxx.
Previously dated October 4, "Out of the Furnace" has been moved up to a limited release on November 27 before expanding to more screens on December 6.
Of the shift, Relativity production president Robbie Brenner said to Deadline, "[Cooper] has made a powerful, moving and brilliant film that we think will generate a tremendous amount of conversation and attention during this awards season. We are confident that this new date will give Scott's film the platform and support it deserves."
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill