First 'Out of the Furnace' Trailer: Christian Bale Seeks Retaliation
"Out of the Furnace", a starring vehicle for Christian Bale, has unleashed its first trailer online. Set to Pearl Jam's "Release", the video not only presents the plot pretty clearly, but also shows off impressive cast members that include Casey Affleck, Zoe Saldana, Willem Dafoe, Woody Harrelson and Forest Whitaker.
Penned and directed by "Crazy Heart" helmer Scott Cooper, the film introduces Bale as steel-mill worker Russell Baze, who goes in search of his brother Rodney after he mysteriously disappears under the auspices of a local crime boss. With nothing left to lose, Baze takes matters into his own hands, putting his life on the line to seek justice for his brother.
Among the producers of the movie from Relativity Media are "Prometheus" director Ridley Scott, Ryan Kavanaugh and Leonardo DiCaprio, who is set to produce and star in "Mean Business on North Ganson Street" alongside his "Django Unchained" co-star, Jamie Foxx.
Previously dated October 4, "Out of the Furnace" has been moved up to a limited release on November 27 before expanding to more screens on December 6.
Of the shift, Relativity production president Robbie Brenner said to Deadline, "[Cooper] has made a powerful, moving and brilliant film that we think will generate a tremendous amount of conversation and attention during this awards season. We are confident that this new date will give Scott's film the platform and support it deserves."
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!
- Miley Cyrus Goes Shopping in Malibu in Tiny Bikini
- Lea Michele and Ashley Tisdale Team Up for Breathtaking Cover of 'Dancing on My Own'
- Pauly D Splits From Aubrey O'Day After a Year and a Half of Dating
- J.R.R. Tolkien Biopic Eyeing 'X-Men' Star Nicholas Hoult for Lead Role
- Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Hide Behind Umbrella While Heading to the Gym
- 'America's Got Talent': Tennessee Singer Gets DJ Khaled's Golden Buzzer for His Original Song
- Ciara Gets Slammed After Taking Her Baby on 'Dangerous' Waterslide in China