Chris Brown Takes Down Controversial Home Murals
At first sight, it would seem R'n'B/hip-hop superstar Chris Brown has finally folded against the restrictions on the scary monsters graffiti he painted on the walls outside his Hollywood Hills home by having them painted over recently. However, the "Fine China" singer said he did not have his home murals taken down because he was forced to, but rather because he wanted to. There the difference lies.
Brown is apparently still defiant against the citation issued to him by the city of Los Angeles and the complaints of his neighbors, but he already chose to cover up the thing that's been giving him all the negative publicity for quite some time now. By doing so, Breezy is set to avoid the fine he would have been slapped with should the L.A. Building Department of Safety inspectors still see the murals tomorrow.
Brown tried to fight back against the citation over his supposedly "unpermitted and excessive signage" lining up the walls of his Rinconia Drive house by filing an appeal through his lawyer, saying that the murals were works of art on his personal property and therefore, did not deserve the citation. He even went as far as citing the 1st Amendment, saying that the murals were protected since they were "a reflection of free speech and expression."
It awaits to be seen whether the issue will finally be put to rest, that is, if and when the entertainer decides not to put up anymore murals, or perhaps if he's just planning on doing something new on the those walls.
More Chris Brown News
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?