Chris Brown Takes Down Controversial Home Murals
At first sight, it would seem R'n'B/hip-hop superstar Chris Brown has finally folded against the restrictions on the scary monsters graffiti he painted on the walls outside his Hollywood Hills home by having them painted over recently. However, the "Fine China" singer said he did not have his home murals taken down because he was forced to, but rather because he wanted to. There the difference lies.
Brown is apparently still defiant against the citation issued to him by the city of Los Angeles and the complaints of his neighbors, but he already chose to cover up the thing that's been giving him all the negative publicity for quite some time now. By doing so, Breezy is set to avoid the fine he would have been slapped with should the L.A. Building Department of Safety inspectors still see the murals tomorrow.
Brown tried to fight back against the citation over his supposedly "unpermitted and excessive signage" lining up the walls of his Rinconia Drive house by filing an appeal through his lawyer, saying that the murals were works of art on his personal property and therefore, did not deserve the citation. He even went as far as citing the 1st Amendment, saying that the murals were protected since they were "a reflection of free speech and expression."
It awaits to be seen whether the issue will finally be put to rest, that is, if and when the entertainer decides not to put up anymore murals, or perhaps if he's just planning on doing something new on the those walls.
More Chris Brown News
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series