20th Century Fox Movies to Be Adapted Into Stage Musicals and Plays
Tony Award-winning producer Kevin McCollum will join forces with media executive Tom McGrath to turn properties from the 20th Century Fox film library into live stage productions. John Davis, who served as producer in all three installments in "Predator" film franchise, is set to work on the ambitious projects too alongside McCollum and McGrath.
"For years we have been eager to expand our entertainment expertise to the world of live stage, but we wanted to do it right and most importantly, with the right people," says 20th Century Fox chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos in a statement.
"We have been fortunate to have found great partners in Kevin, John and Tom to help to transform great Fox properties into exciting live stage entertainment for audiences everywhere."
McCollum, who produced such critically-acclaimed musicals as "Rent" and "Avenue Q", will head day-to-day operation on the Fox venture.
Of the partnership, he says, "This new joint venture provides a much-needed foundation to the creative process for myself, my partners, and the artists who will develop these shows. We are eager to get to work mining the stage theatrical possibilities of the Fox film library."
Davis adds, "Fox has produced thousands of celebrated musicals and films throughout its illustrious cinematic history. As such, it represents a great opportunity to transition this immense library to stage productions."
Prior to the deal, several Fox movies that have received stage treatment include "Young Frankenstein" and Tom Hanks' "Big".
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked