20th Century Fox Movies to Be Adapted Into Stage Musicals and Plays
Tony Award-winning producer Kevin McCollum will join forces with media executive Tom McGrath to turn properties from the 20th Century Fox film library into live stage productions. John Davis, who served as producer in all three installments in "Predator" film franchise, is set to work on the ambitious projects too alongside McCollum and McGrath.
"For years we have been eager to expand our entertainment expertise to the world of live stage, but we wanted to do it right and most importantly, with the right people," says 20th Century Fox chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos in a statement.
"We have been fortunate to have found great partners in Kevin, John and Tom to help to transform great Fox properties into exciting live stage entertainment for audiences everywhere."
McCollum, who produced such critically-acclaimed musicals as "Rent" and "Avenue Q", will head day-to-day operation on the Fox venture.
Of the partnership, he says, "This new joint venture provides a much-needed foundation to the creative process for myself, my partners, and the artists who will develop these shows. We are eager to get to work mining the stage theatrical possibilities of the Fox film library."
Davis adds, "Fox has produced thousands of celebrated musicals and films throughout its illustrious cinematic history. As such, it represents a great opportunity to transition this immense library to stage productions."
Prior to the deal, several Fox movies that have received stage treatment include "Young Frankenstein" and Tom Hanks' "Big".
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie