Morrissey Postpones Gigs Due to 'Severe' Food Poisoning
Morrissey has postponed his South American tour due to another health issue. This time, the "Irish Blood, English Heart" singer is forced to cancel several dates of the tour after suffering from food poisoning in Lima, Peru.
"Due to severe food poisoning suffered by the artist and part of his accompanying team in Lima, Latin concerts scheduled for July and August will be postponed for the next months," the promoters in Peru said in a statement. "The new dates will be communicated shortly." The promoters added that Morrissey was very "disappointed to have to postpone the dates."
Rodrigo Perez, Morrissey's Chilean concert promoter, has given details about the incident. "On Sunday, Morrissey and an entourage of about eight people ate at a restaurant that we had not recommended, with regrettable consequences," he told Radio Cooperativa.
"Within hours, all of them fell sick with severe gastric problems... The hotel has become like an outpatient clinic. There are people who have not been able to get out of bed for 48 hours," he continued.
The South American tour was supposed to begin this week with two nights at Lima's Jockey Club on July 9 and 10. Morrissey's health scare is also said to affect his shows in several other countries, including Chile, Argentina and Brazil.
The cancellation comes a few days after he joyfully wrote on True To You, "I am humbled beyond belief by the reception here in Lima, Peru, and also by the ongoing welcome. For me, it is incredible - once more. If Chile, Argentina and Brazil are as giving, I shall ask no more and die happy. Peru, Peru - my heart's lighthouse."
It hasn't been a good year for Morrissey. Earlier this year, the 54-year-old entertainer also canceled some of his tour dates due to a series of health problems, including a bleeding ulcer, Barrett's esophagus and double pneumonia.
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle