Netflix in Talks to Renew 'Arrested Development'
There could be more "Arrested Development" on Netflix. Executive producer Brian Grazer has spilled the beans that he's currently in negotiations with the streaming service to do a fifth season of the revived comedy.
"We are in conversations with them to do another," Grazer told Bloomberg Television when met at the Allen & Co. conference in Sun Valley, Idaho on Thursday, July 11. "They are interested in doing that."
A spokesman for Netflix has not responded to request for comment on the report, but the company's CEO Reed Hastings previously showed interest in bringing another season of the sitcom. He told CNBC in May, "If the talent were willing to do more... I'm sure we would be willing."
Executive producer and creator Mitch Hurwitz has said he's "game" for a fifth season and star Jason Bateman once stated that there's more stories to tell from the Bluths. "Mitch Hurwitz's intention always was to do a movie and when he started to write the movie script, the story that he wanted to tell was too long and too big to fit in a standard movie script," the actor revealed. "So he decided to take the first act of that movie and put it these episodes. Acts two or three will either be in a movie or a longer form on Netflix."
The 15-episode season 4 of "Arrested Development" was unleashed on Netflix Sunday, May 26. The online streaming service wouldn't release the number of viewership, but Hastings claimed "Arrested Development" sampling was "huge, just as we had hoped."
According to broadband technology firm Procera Networks, thirty-six percent of all devices connected to Netflix via one unspecified DSL network watched "Arrested Development" following its release, which is three times the viewership "House of Cards" posted earlier this year.
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert